Ice Hockey Nations (by Distinctive) sneak peek

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by distinctivegames, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scragglebeard

Scragglebeard Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Journalist
    California
    Fighting could be cool. Maybe not a full fledged minigame or anything, just jamming on a "punch" button as fast as you can and watching two dudes exchange blows.

And its about time someone made a hockey sim on iPhone. I congratulate you distinctive, for being the first ones to do it. As a last matter, were the details on which countries will be appearing already on here?

2. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada
    I clicked on this thread expecting it to be for another air hockey game. I didn't expect to see a full 6 on 6 Hokey with 3D graphics. If this game plays as good as it looks, then sign me up.

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    This looks great...this will certenly fill the void in the app store with hockey games. Expect a lot of canadian sales. However i am still hoping for nhl 2011 by ea.

4. bosox412

bosox412 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    there are penalty min tho right? and scoring animations?

5. It’s great to hear your feedback, thanks, keep it coming! In regards to the goalie size, the shots we showed were work in progress so no fear, the goalie will get more pads!

The teams that will be in the game will be: BELARUS, CANADA, CZECH REPUBLIC, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREAT BRITAIN, LATVIA, NORWAY, RUSSIA, SLOVAKIA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND & USA.

[FONT=&quot]And yes there will be scoring animations and penalty min, but no fighting in this release – that might be something for a future update. :D[/FONT]

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Wow, this game looks great! Graphics look smooth, gonna be great. :)

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Switzerland for the win!

8. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Looks awe and some!

Fighting isn't permitted in international hockey. Don't get your hopes up for any slugging.

9. enkein

enkein Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Latvia , Riga
    Big thanks for putting Latvia in game :cool: can't wait for this :D

10. Scragglebeard

Scragglebeard Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Journalist
    California
    Where is Austria? Come on, even Belarus is in there, but no Austria?

I'll still be buying it. Damn you.

11. 3rdamention

3rdamention Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010

I agree, even if they do not have fighting in International Hockey, this is not a hockey simulations, it is a game. I would love to see a simple fighting mini game to add a new little gameplay element within the game. Plus, if it is a close game, you get in a fight, it would be interesting to be shorthanded or in a Power Play the final minute of a tie game. Makes for a more dramatic experience knowing that could happen.

12. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    will there be a penalty/shootout mode?

13. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    #53 touch32g, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    This the best news for any game for my iPod yet. You should add fighting because it's just not the same hockey with out fighting. I ALSo hope there is big hitting and fast game play. You should make a shot out mode where Over blue tooth and wifi you can play with friends and take turns shoring on eachother and see who can score more goals.

14. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    a shootout mode with touch controlled deke and flick to shoot would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!

15. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    btw the fans look better than the ones from EA in the pc version i got from NHL (same like the ones from FIFA)

16. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

FINALLY a hockey game!!! Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

17. PimpToxie

PimpToxie Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Graphic/Web Designer
    Clifton Park, NY
    Wow, I can't express in words how excited I am for this game!

As an avid hockey fan, I've been anxiously awaiting the release of a solid hockey title. I'm pleased to know that you guys are taking your time to make sure the gameplay is up to par, as well.

Am looking forward to hitting the ice soon!

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, I wasn't really impressed by Rugby Nations. Hopefully, this game will be a lot better, especially difficulty-wise.

19. Alexrocs4427

Alexrocs4427 Active Member

Nov 25, 2009
    When are u guys going to release a gameplay video, and please add online multiplayer, that would be awesome.

20. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    According to their facebook page, Ice Hockey Nations 2010 will be launched on the Apple app store during March 2010 at price of $4.99, €3.99 or £2.99.