Ice Hockey Nations (by Distinctive) sneak peek

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by distinctivegames, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Looks great

I am such a huge hockey fan. I can't wait until this come outs. Finally the only "hockey" won't be air hockey. I hope it's great cuz I've been waiting forever for a hockey sim.

2. roman169

roman169 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Thailand
    No. 1 on my must have list - i hope the controls are easy as X2 Football but looks like a FIFA joystick? Let's see - hope it's out next week!

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    This is ice hockey, though. Where's field hockey?

4. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Totally different sport dude, Ice Hockey is much better, but I don't think you guys play it in Australia.

5. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
  6. mittiman1

mittiman1 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Germany
    is it coming with bluetooth multiplayer?

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Holy crap! I'll be keeping my eye on this!

8. Hi all,

We've been spending the last few weeks polishing the game, working on AI and visuals. We would have liked to have completed the game by now but we think it's important to get the game right before releasing it.

So, we've got maybe 2 more weeks of work remaining before we can even think about submitting the game to Apple. Not too much longer and I hope you'll wait patiently for the game.

I'll keep you updated on progress....

Cheers,
    Nigel

9. hiptanaka

hiptanaka Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks for keeping us updated Nigel. Your game is looking very promising and we're all looking forward to how this one turns out. Keep up the great work!

10. Gmas

Gmas Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Hockey has always been my favourite console game so I am very eagerly anticipating this one. If it plays similar to the NHL Hockey's of old by EA, I'll be a happy camper.

11. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

THanks for the post! I have been checking the thread like every hour to check the games status. This has to be the one game ive been looking forward to the most!!

12. Alexrocs4427

Alexrocs4427 Active Member

Nov 25, 2009
    You said u were going to release the gameplay video though Nigel 2 weeks ago

13. I know I said that there would be a gameplay video by now. However, we've been spending a lot of time on making the game as much fun as possible and that's meant that were only now polishing the animation playback/transitions.

Again, sorry for the delay and as soon as we have a gameplay video we're happy with then it'll be posted here.

Thanks for your patience.

Nigel

14. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    It's alright dude, take all the time you need to make a great game. Just curious, did you fix up the look of the goalie? And will there be team customization?

15. justingamer

justingamer Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    looks like a real person:cool:

16. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Question?

Is there a franchise mode. Whaadya about the custom characters? Go battle bears. IMG_0056.JPG

17. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    What are you reffering to?

LOL you only have to do that in the Battle Bears thread, it doesn't matter if you post like that outside of it :p.

18. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    This game will be very successful if it is well done :)
    Especially in Canada;)

19. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    LOoks intersting, looking forward to a full hockey simulation

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    #100 TheSeldomSeenKid, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    Im so excited for this! I don't know why, maybe it's because it'll bring back the memories of going to Manchester Storm matches with my mum, or the time I went to Canada and watched Toronto Maple Leaves... Ahh, memories!

I reckon that after a short period of time this will be dropped to £1.79/ $3. They lowered rugby nations, and have made other games free. Plus, unless a game gets in the top 100, it's very unlikely to excel and stand out from the huge app store crowd.
    Note that I did say "very unlikely". If made correctly, with all the correct rules, great gameplay/ AI and more polish than seen with their other games, it could raise the bar for sports games in general. Still, unless TA give it a raving review, and there's amazing positive feedback, I think I'll wait for a price drop.