iDracula 2 already in the works?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Isn't that Billy Frontier?

2. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    They added wave attack where you can upgrade, buy weapons, and fend off one wave at a time. How is that not an expansion???? I think iDracula improved by about 200% (2x as good for those not good at math ;)) since the update.

I REALLY hope they come out with an RPG based on this game!!! :D Please!

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Hmmmm a sequal..... Hopfully more info with in the next couple of week. Maybe this will beat PG in #1 spot if PG stays there long enough...

Or be there in #1 spot longer than the first one.

4. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    never

5. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    i dont get that upcoming games section. I thought dungeon and hero was already out?

6. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    its out for the iphone! but not for the android platform. see that little green dude in the bottom right corner? its an android.

7. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    :p I've been a Senior since September, and I still get that kind of stuff wrong.... sometimes.

8. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    This is pretty quick to already have a teaser picture for iDracula 2. I guess to keep us current iDracula owners on our toes.

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Before they release iDracula 2, and before they even really put the spit and polish on it, they need to release an update for iDracula that includes an option to toggle screen orientation.

On an iPod touch, the game is just not comfortable to play. Headphones stick out of the bottom left hand side. Not comfortable at all.

Just a note to iTouch/Phone game developers:

If your game is played in landscape orientation, you really need to include that screen orientation flip option. The iPhone and iPod touch devices have their headphone jacks placed differently. What is comfortable on one device isn't comfortable on the other. And as both devices are part of the platform...well, you've got to keep them both in mind. Screen orientation toggle option. Please.

10. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    agree agree. screen rotation and bug fix updates please.

11. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Not really.

RPGs on mobile platforms sell to a smaller audience than arcade style games, even if they are action/RPGs like I suppose an iDracula game would be.

That said, the audience for RPGs on this type of platform are more willing to pay a higher price than those primarily interested in arcade action games.

12. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    I've actually decided to delete the game from my iTouch until that screen orientation option is added to the game.

I just...man...I just can't play the game. It's really uncomfortable. And that irks me because I enjoy the gameplay and screen orientation toggle is apparently not that big of an issue to fix.

13. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Haha yea I was pokin fun at the people who hound the other members over little stuff :p

14. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Why don't they just update idracula 0.o

15. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #35 Chang3r, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    +1 for an idracula RPG even if it was a second app. But I would prefer they just add an RPG mode to the original ( I would pay to update to get RPG ) then they could use new levels/map areas as new arena's for the existing game modes.

And all games should have the option for landscape mode with headphone jack on top right.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I agree option for screen slip should be there, but I actually like the current orientation as the earphone cable doesn't get in the way. Space Bikers / LightBikes / Sway are the ones that need screen flip option more.

17. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    they just updated it like a week ago lol..give them some time

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

No sorry, I ment that they could just work on an update to make it into an RPG and not make an entirely new game

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Honestly at this point it wouldn't be worth it for the devs. The damage has already been done and iDracula might not ever make the same number of sales it did a couple months ago. Having iDracula 2 be the fully fleshed out game makes more sense as it most certainly will be a top 10 selling app they will be capitalize better on sales.

The most they might do is polish off the original iDracula once and for all, bug fixes, screen orientation, maybe online versus/ coop to see how the network handles it, and maybe throw in a few more stages/ enemies/ weapons in their final update.

20. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    You have an iPhone, don't you?

FYI, as I've stated, the iPod touch has it's headphone jack placed differently than the iPhone. The headphone jack on the iPhone is on the opposite side of the home button (so it's on the top of the device, to the left specifically). On iPod touch, the headphone jack is on the bottom right hand side, on the same side as the home button. Understand?

So when playing a game like iDracula under the current screen orientation, the headphone jack for iPhone users ends up sticking out of the top right hand side...but for us iPod touch users it's on the lower left hand side. And that most certainly is in the way. So, yes, this game NEEDS a screen orientation toggle/flip option.