iDrop Dead

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    It was a good idea to take a break from programming/graphics/level design as I've come up with over 10 new ideas to add to iDrop Dead's TODO-list. And they are pretty wacky, too. ;) I really hope Apple will show green light to the game as all that new stuff would be really fun to do as well!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can't wait, I hope they approve it quickly. As you can see by my sig it's one of the games I don't wanna forget about.

3. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Hehehe, awesome! ;) We just got more feedback from one of our testers, really good stuff once more, and the TODO-list grew a lot. v1.0.0 will be a bit rough around the edges, but give us little time to do the first couple of updates... And we have a backup name for the game if Apple doesn't like "iDrop Dead". :D

4. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    And if you guys want to suggest some features you'd like to see in the game, go ahead. ;) But I guess we'll need to get the game out first.

Anyway, I already upped the number of blood colors to 13, and optimized the particles even more. The first update should be pretty nice... :)

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Trust me, as soon as I start playing you're gonna hear all my suggestions :)

6. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Excellent, I just cancelled all my holidays so I can concentrate on game development. :D Anyway, next week might be quiet, I'll be visiting GDC Europe (Monday - Thursday), but I do take my laptop with me. ;)

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Awesome! Finally got my iPhone 3GS today! Can't wait until the evening to see how iDrop Dead runs on it. And now we can make extra content for it, now that we know how it performs. ;)

8. sisret66

sisret66 Member

May 2, 2009
    Those videos really look awesome though I'm actually not into violent games... Well, teddy torturing game after two Perfect Balances, what will be the next tursas release? Sports? Fishing? ?? :rolleyes: Maybe I'll find myself spanking the bear next week, once Apple allows me to do that!? :D

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    I wouldn't call iDrop Dead a torture game as the wacky cartoon characters actually love getting blown to pieces. If there was a category called "WTF games", then that's where iDrop Dead belongs to. ;) The more bizarre we can make it the better.

Perhaps we'll just do a match four game next if iDrop Dead fails to attract any audience. But before moving to the next game we'll need up update iDrop Dead _a lot_. :)

Anyway, just added one more character to the first update plus a couple of small nice-to-have -features. Next I'll redo the mode selection graphics, and after that a level or two more. ;)

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Match 4 where the pieces are character's heads and when you get 4 they blow up and spray blood at the screen :)

11. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    We are definitely going to make a match four game next! XD

12. sireNe

sireNe Member

Aug 10, 2009
    May we have some new weapons in the update? :D

Playing: MiniGore, ZombievilleUSA
    Waiting: ZombieSmash!, iDropDead, ZombieSniper

13. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ;) Actually we've planned to do a War World with weapons, but that should come in the second update.

14. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    While I was updating the mode selection screen graphics I came up with an idea of a challenging new mode and just had to code it in as well. ;) Now we've improved the title screen, too, added 6 new things to the TODO-list, and now I'm working on the extra levels you get in the first update.

If this goes on the TODO-list just keeps on growing even though we implement stuff from it. ;) Still waiting for Apple's reaction to the first submission. And if they approve the submission next week, I'll have the update on my laptop and I can submit it from GDC Europe, so that doesn't delay things at all.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome. It's exciting to know you have big plans for the future of the game already.

16. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ;) 47 things on our TODO-list, some big like "add XYZ world with ABC items", some small "unlockable DEF". Something to do for the next couple of months... ;)

Oh yeah, you'll get this guy in the first update. He's so popular that we decided to invite him to the party... XD

Attached Files:

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You should hold a competition to let someone design a character.

...and let me win.

18. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    XD Awesome idea! Right after we get this game into the App Store we'll hold such a competition. ;) And let's make it so that the competition has two winners, so that the other guys don't feel bad about you winning, too. ;)

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Sweeeet. I'd better get thinking :D

20. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ;) I talked with Jyri about this and we might also give away some cool iDrop Dead t-shirts to the three best entries. But first we'll need to get the game approved by Apple, then comes the competition. :)