I'm back! Kind of...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jakooistra, Jan 6, 2013.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I would like to say that every single one of your games is still installed on my iPod.

2. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Awesome, bat. :) after all these years.

As one of my oldest fans, would you rather see new stuff or updates to the old?

3. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I put up a poll here - let me know how you feel about my upcoming development efforts, and what you want most from me.

I'd love to hear the opinions of everyone who knows/cares about me and my games. :)

4. Foehammer117

Foehammer117 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    I guess I'm a little late to the party, but as a 2'nd fleet member 4life ( :D ) I am very happy to read all this. I hope everything is moving forward and ofc I would also like to express my views on the topic.

Red Conquest was and still is one of my favourite games all time. This is on my list of favourite games like mass effect, halo, battlezone and Freespace. It's just an amazing game that I put to many late hours into just to be able to play with people over in the US. We really created so many creative ways to win. This game was amazing when played online. Great game offline too, but it was at it's best in multiplayer. Remembered that we used to send in so many ideas for how to make the game even better, great times :p
    So this is the game I would see a revival of, especially multiplayer/online, though the single player story should not at all be forgotten!

Blue Defence was a game that I found very hard in the beginning, then I got a few tips on how to play it, and wow was I amazed by this great game! If you just get those few tips it was so easy to enjoy this game, and challenging (which is good)! I said it before and I say it again, there should be better play instructions and some advice in the beginning of the game, but keep the advanced controls. For me this game is also one of a kind.

I am surprised so many people say they want a new Fastar, because I did not like this game at all. Though I have never liked those kind of games. So ofc I do not want a new Fastar. Though looking at the Poll you made it looks like people seem to agree with me, no more Fastar.

Otherwise I would like to see new games from you, most of your games are great iterations so surely you can make even more great games. Preferably with the Red Conquest/Blue Attack/Blue Defence style & design.

And yes, Retina/ipad would be awesome, although I only have a iPhone 3GS, my newest phone is a Motorola Moto G, great phone for a small amount of money!

I only really had your games on my iphone the last years. An now I feel like playing them again.

I know you have heard it before, but I will say it again, these games should really be made available for Android, especially now that Android is so much bigger than iOS.

Long live 2'nd Fleet! :D

5. Foehammer117

Foehammer117 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    Solarmax 2 is a damn fun game that I think resembles your own design style.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Hasn't logged on since march, I wonder if he's gone again...

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    New wave of updates!

SIX years after launch!

Heartfelt recommendation to DL some of the longest-supported, most innovative games from a truly incredible developer.

Red Conquest and Blue Attack would be top of my list of recommends!