1. Arock

Arock Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Skill Points.

I have heard you can reset skill points. Does anyone know where i can get the item that does this and what it is called?

2. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    is there a place where i can delete previously known skills?

3. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    @Arock n @Failboat
    you can't delete the skills per say, but you can buy an item from the npc behind the fountain for 11k, it will give you back all used skill points and you won't have to relearn skill books

4. Arock

Arock Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

5. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    *post deleted due to accidental double post*

6. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    SO I'LL GET BACK 10 SKILL POINTS FOR 11000!?

But will doing this delete my current moves so I have to buy their books all over again?

7. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    no need to rebuy and relearn the books, it won't delete the skill, but it'll be unusable until you place skill points into it

8. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    oh, ok, thank you!

9. Arock

Arock Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I have a question about the beach. I noticed that i can attack players from the opposing faction there and my name turns red. It turned black later. What are the rules around this area and PVP here?

10. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Killing people in the attlegrounds, red if you're a siras, b lue if you're a lanos
    You need 3 things (only 3 things) to get skill:
    - Skill book
    - Level req
    - At least 1 skill point

The skill themselves dont have prereqs (AFAIK) just that getting the books is hell hard...

dunno about the other question, I'd assume it is, ut cant confirm.

11. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    how do u get to the main land?

12. david26

david26 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    how do u rank up fast and get items and money?

13. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I know I'm the poster of this thread and should know plenty about the game by now, but I honestly just tried playing IMO for the first time today and I have a loooooot of questions:
    1. Where can I buy clothing? I can't find a vendor anywhere :(
    2. As I level up, will more customization options be readily available? I feel kind of suppressed only having 3 hair styles to choose from...
    3. Where do I buy armor, weapons, healing potions, etc?
    4. Before I go into buying anything, how do I get money? Do I have to fight things and they drop gold or items I can sell?
    5. What do the different font colors in the chat mean? Does a certain color mean shout/whisper and what's the difference between the two chat features? Is private messaging possible?
    6. How do I start and transact trade with someone?
    7. Where do I go to fight things my own level and what should I look out for? (I'm a warrior)
    8. What does a beginner pack do? Is it worth buying or can I get everything it includes just by fighting a few things and buying them with gold? What does a "membership" do for me aside from removing ads?

If you can answer any and/or all of these, that would be wonderful! :)

14. Gavael

Gavael New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    #34 Gavael, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    I'll do my best to help. ;)

Well, as I wait for the update I'll do my best to help with what I know.

1. I chose Lanos for my side and I hear that both starting villages are basically the same... So the main shops appear to be on the left side of the screen. Just double tap the npcs to talk to them. (Tap once to target, then again to take action or simply press action. For some npcs a shop should pop up.) Also, I highly recommend purchasing the starter pack to access higher level equipment via the traders.

2. Unfortunately, I think characters do not change much in terms of physical appearance other than when you equip a hat or armor.

3. I find these shops on the left side of my village map, not sure about siras side. Also, the traders are a great option. You can also try to trade with other players if purchasing from a npc trader isn't an option. ;)

4. Most monsters do in fact drop gold. I find that as a beginner, the best way to make money is fighting the boars in the woods. They drop "ruined leathers" you can trade with an npc for "cured leathers". Then trade the cured leathers for gloves or boots you can equip or sell. Boars also drop tail hairs that you can trade into bolts, and then also into gloves or boots as well. I make a lot of money selling this equipment. As for monsters that drop the most gold, so far I think white spiders and monsters in the mushroom spore drop more than 30 gold in my experience (only level 10 currently)

5. I have yet to figure out all the colors having to do with chat and names, but you can private message people. In the chat window, just keep tapping the little shout icon. This should be in the lower left corner. Just toggle through these (all, shout, guild, party, etc) until you get the desired effect.

6. To start a trade (or invite to party or guild) target the desired player by tapping them. Tap them again and a mini menu will appear over them. Scroll up or down with the arrows in the lower left (that you use to walk with) and hit the action button to the right when you have the option you want highlighted.

7. This little site here has a wonderful training list. I highly recommend it, and it has other great tips there as well:

http://ijailbreakdiy.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/tutorial-imo-the-world-of-magic/

8. The starter pack offers you the ability to trade with the two npc traders in the central area of your main village. Here you can sell things and purchase things with other players. It's a great source for getting higher leveled equipment and other odds n' ends. ;) This pack also comes with a nifty hat (randomly generated I think. I got one that looks like a car) and some items that can come in handy like some potions, revival items, and a mushroom bag that holds an additional 7 items in your inventory. While I recommend it for people who think they'll be playing a lot, let me tell you that you can still enjoy the game well enough without the pack. It would just make the game a little easier.

Well, I hope this helps. I hear this new update will have a tutorial, so hopefully the game will be more enjoyable and easier to navigate. I still have a lot to figure out myself. lol.

And now... I shall see what this update does. See you online! (On Devilang, anyway ~)

~Gavael

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #35 backtothis, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    what levels the highest player now

16. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

Thank you soooooo so much! :) any word on what the update may include?

17. czarro77

czarro77 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mental Health
    Houston, Tx
    #37 czarro77, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
    Can someone please tell me what weapon and armor enchant scrolls do and how to use them? Thanx in advance. Anybody?

18. czarro77

Sep 13, 2009
    Mental Health
    Houston, Tx
  19. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    they make your wep/armor +1 etc but also the enchant may fail resulting in the destruction of your item, to use it i'm guessing(haven't used one before) you drag it on the item you want to enchant, you can't enchant the item if you currently wearing it

20. czarro77

Sep 13, 2009
    Mental Health
    Houston, Tx
    Cool. Thanx a lot.