iPhone Imperium Galactica II - (by Digital Reality)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Mar 30, 2012.

1. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    No response from Digital Reality from my support email regarding the ability to purchase and/or download the manual for IG2. No response via Facebook or Twitter either.

Bummer.

:(

--DotComCTO

2. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I put up link to the manual earlier today, from a different account, and got a lifetime ban for spamming .

3. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Wow thats harsh. :(

I want to try this but all the negative comment in the app reviews really put me off, is it really that buggy?

4. DotComCTO

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    WHAT?! For posting a link to a game manual? When I asked Digital Reality in October, 2012 whether they even had a manual for the game, I didn't get a response until March, 2013! That's FIVE months to hear back from them. Here's what they told me:

Digital Reality barely supports the game and its users. Hey TA admins, I respectfully ask that you reconsider that decision. This guy was trying to help out.

:confused:

--DotComCTO

5. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    the manual is from the original PC game cd1. Hope you find it useful. I loved the game back then and am sure it will be just as much fun on the iPad. Not too worried about the ban; will use this account, on my iPad, instead of the other one on my PC.#
    Where there is a will there is a way..

6. DotComCTO

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Thanks so much for the help. It's more than I ever got from Digital Reality.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

:(

--DotComCTO

7. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    IMPORTANT: The crash bug IS NOT game breaking! You can still play the full-fledged, customizable SKIRMISH mode as well as BOTH other campaigns AND scenario mode just fine!

The crash bug only affects the Solari campaign but the entire rest of the game is playable (and a blast).
    Anyway, isn't a "skirmish" mode the main gameplay mode for any game like this....which gives the longevity/replay value?

It's too bad that so many people are missing out on the BEST 4X GAME BY FAR on the App Store because of the ignorance/lameness of some of the App Store reviews. Also doesn't help - and it's really a shame - that the Devs are practically impossible to interact with or give feedback to and that the tutorial is so weak.

This game is flat-out AWESOME and I have spent many hours playing and enjoying skirmish mode since this game launched.

I feel that the combat alone is unrivaled by any other 4X game on the App Store. Both space and ground combat is handled in real-time and is very similar to RTS combat which, in my humble opinion, is what distinguishes this game from the others and makes it simply more fun.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this game to anyone......especially strategy fans!

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... totally agree...

Even though I don't have an iPad anymore - this is one of my 3 favorite 4X games in the AppStore - And it's a tough call between which is number 1, this or Starbase Orion... (Ascendancy is #3... if anyone's wondering)

9. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #89 CoreyB, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Wow that's crazy on TA's part but it doesn't surprise me...don't want to speak mind or they might ban me also. Anyway, really glad I snagged it before they censored you. The manual is really helpful.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry about that, as mods we delete a LOT of spam/shill posts and other things. I think it was obviously a mistake. But when you just post a dropbox link with your first post (and not really any other text in the post) i think someone accidentally just deleted it as it looked suspicious.

If it had a chunk of text explaining what it was (granted there was a post 'sub title') that would have helped but someone saw just a link from a 1 poster and deleted it as we've had people post links to virus type of things in the past.

This one was a pure accident though but if anyone posts any dropbox links please dont post them with your first post as it does look quite 'dodgy' !

Thats quite harsh. We deal with a lot of issues on the forum and we do it for free in our spare time. PLENTY of spam accounts, shill accounts (as we want honesty for users) and other issues. As i said above this seems to have been a mistake, if anyone else had posted it from their account (not with their first ever post) this wouldnt have happened.

11. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    Thanks for the explanation, makes sense it todays world, can't be too careful. Great forum by the way, cost me a small fortune, buying games I would otherwise have missed!

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I already have far too many 4x games so can't really justify buying this, but that said, if it ever went on sale I doubt I could resist.

I'm a sucker for 4x games. Still trying to understand Ascendancy, Starbase Orion and Eclipse though :)

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    If it was a mistake then no hard feelings. This game truly cries out for a manual that the developer is unwilling to provide. Being able to get my hands on it before the link was removed I was very surprised it was deemed spam. Again, I understand your point as I have seen many spam posts here and am glad they are quickly removed.

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I've heard that this game crashes on newest iOS version as soon as you get a message in the game (an ACTUAL in-game message regarding some mission or something),is it true?Someone who owns this game atm can prove this?

15. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
  16. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Interested in knowing this, too. I'm still on iOS7 and have been thinking of updating to 9. Would like to know if this still plays on the latest OS.

17. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    That's what eugene said:

"Just loaded and ran it, it plays fine on my iPad Air 2 with latest iOS. It's a complex game but well worth the effort. Not sure what it cost now. I have the original CD somewhere from way back."

"Had it crashed when you checked messages?"

"You mean messages from the AI? It all runs fine. Not sure if it's got multiplayer or not, I never play online so can't comment on messages in multiplayer. But messages in single pla, both text and voice, are fine here"

18. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks. :D Good to know.

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    On sale for only 1 buck!

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    This game is awesome. It's been a while since I've played, though. Shame it's iPad only and I'm not even sure if it works on iOS 9.