Universal IMPOSSIBLE ROAD - (by Kevin Ng)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 8, 2013.

1. PeterJames

PeterJames Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    89!!!! Boy was that intense or what

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Really enjoying this so far. Definitely has that one-more-go addictive quality and the quick restart option coming in the update will be great. I think the best part is when you start your initial descent and you see the entire road twisting below. Just amps up the intensity and anticipation.

I don't see the problem with the non-transparent ball. Doesn't bother me.

Best score so far is...10. I hope a Best Run indicator is added, maybe on the Again? menu above Total Jumps. It would be nice to know my best score without having to go into Game Center.

Not enough to dethrone Super Hexagon though. That game, there's something about the music, the split-second reflex gameplay, and the close calls that elevate it to something special. So not as fantastic as SH, but still really really good and well worth the 1.99

Can't wait to see what else will be added in future updates.

3. Did you all know you can run itunes music when playing in the game? I just play some cool Super Hexagon catchy music when I play this game. Try your own music if anyone doesn't like the default music.

4. Bronxsta

After an hour or two, some suggestions/ideas:
    - Maybe as an option, instead of the screen fading to white, have a line on the ball shrink. That would make it easier to see whether the ball's going to make it or not in those last few seconds
    - Maybe new track layouts like corkscrews and loops
    - Always display best score on Again? screen rather than just only when you beat your high score
    - Alternate color schemes
    - Maybe an onscreen counter as you're falling so you know how many gates you're bypassing
    - Not necessary, but maybe an easy option that displays where the ball is going to land and a line showing its trajectory upon impact. Those of us who relish the challenge wouldn't use this, but it could help ease others who aren't use to the difficulty

5. lavenders2

lavenders2 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Currently 55th on the leader boards, with 109pts. I got a secret :)

6. Bronxsta

How do you pause the game? Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If you think this game has what it takes to be your Game Of the Week, vote for it here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=188555

B]Please note:
    1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.[/B]

Click on the home button :p

8. Bronxsta

I feel like the game finally clicked. Haven't beaten my high score of 23 yet, but now I'm actively looking ahead for good places to drop off the edge. And finally getting a hang of the controls and the ball's momentum

Such a fun game. What other modes would people want to see? On one hand, I wouldn't want Ng to tamper with the game cause it's so perfectly design how it is. But on the other hand, it's always cool to see new variations.

But definitely would love to see corkscrews, loops, split tracks, more track "obstacles". And needs an in-game pause option!

9. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    Woo hoo! I'm ranked 8th for best jump!

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    117pts., 117!!!! :D

11. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    No way! What is the rank on that?

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I scored 55 when i was offline and now my score on gc is still 52 :(

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its coming with the next update :)

14. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    Man, my high is 89 but it was pure luck of the fall. If I don't focus on falling and I just stay on the track I can usually get past 40, but I haven't even approached my record again. Sigh.

15. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    Woohoo! Just got 147! It was all on the track too, I didn't risk jumping.

16. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    New highscore: 70 :)

17. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    Laaaame! I just got a best jump of 64 but I wasn't connected to the internet

18. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    New high score! 175

19. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Is the general consensus to stay on the track and treat the freefall as a potential "second chance"? Or does scoring by jumping just require more skill?

20. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Nice to see that the #1 spot is taken by someone with 99,999 points. Seems legit.