Universal Indiana Stone: The Brave and the Boulder (by TwinSky Games) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by turakm, Mar 21, 2013.

1. dkoontz

dkoontz New Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Works great on an iPad, tilt controls are quite responsive. No IAP garbage anywhere and Hard difficulty actually delivers. Also, those challenges are super cool in teaching you stuff about the game you might not have known.

For those asking for touch controls, have you tried adjusting the sensitivity to suit your better or is it a fundamental disagreement with using tilt as an input method?

2. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    So I've spent a bit of time with the game and it is great!

Currently #1 in endless mode :]

seriously though, I've never been a fan of behind the back runners and besides a few, I don't even give them a glance. This has a totally different feel to it. It really brings something new to this type of game and shouldn't be missed!

If anyone wants to compete on the leaderboards with me
    add me

MarkyMarkTurak

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Pretty much. I know it can work perfectly well, such as with Ridiculous Fishing, and I have no problems actually using it, but I still enjoy touch a whole lot more.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, was thinking of grabbing Le Vamp tonight (at the encouragement of The Frost), but dammit, this just looks too fun. Le Vamp goes to the wish list (shouldn't even been buying this as my gaming budget has exploded lately...so much for thinking a weak week of releases would help dig me out of the hole). And if there's a Star Wars trench scene in it, well, that just added to the must get now list.

Off to see what the fuss is all about.....

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have to say, with this, Goat Up 2, Chopper Mike, Nameless, and Plasma Sky, it's starting to feel like the old days of the App Store.

Nice game, this, by the way.

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Game Centre achievements? If so, how many?

7. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    11 achievements!

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Cant blame you for choosing Indiana Stone over LeVamp, its so much fun to be a rock and to crush snakes and little sumo guys(?!?!) in a glorious 8-bit style with NO IAP at all and 4 different modes... (promoting it a bit since it doesnt have IAP at all and belongs to the premium 3$ full package trend of late that I love and wish success). :p

And I have yet to find the trench... looking into it. A lot.

9. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this so far. I have accidentally hit the pause button a couple times. I'm not sure why they put it in the lower right hand corner.

I wonder if the developers really like Legos? It's a very cool visual style. . . Anyway, I'm glad I went for it, and thanks for the impressions guys. :)

10. mikky

mikky Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    The graphics are great. The game is funny and plays great.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #51 metalcasket, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    Add Unmechanical, Fetch and Ridiculous Fishing to that list and yep...been a very good couple of weeks for REAL games. :)

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Are you seeing me on Easy Mode? That's the only mode I've completed so far. I'm seeing you, MC and Gabe on there. I've tried normal but haven't completed it yet, you won't see my score there until I do. It'll be soon.. ;)

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't believe I have you on GC dude. :/ Adding you in a sec.

14. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I got the #1 high score! Horray! This game is really addicting.

I'm B3NDoX in Game Center if you'd like to top my score!

15. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Beat your highscore by about 1,000 now I am currently in the lead!

16. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #56 wyzau, Mar 22, 2013
    i played until the 3rd or 4th level on easy story mode (i think it was china) and then clicked on "give up" to get back to title screen. then i wanted to play on from this level, but instead i had to start from the very beginning (tutorial) again.

do i have to play through the whole story in one go or is it possible to start from a specific level somehow?

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    WTH.... I was playing the museum level and all of a sudden...

it turned into Star Wars, I was on the Death Star chasing a tie fighter ..lol

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Now I can see Andy and metalcasket now on the leaderboards, and I am last in every one of them on Indiana Stone, I better try to improve my scores.

Ok so it has to be on the museum, ok, time to be there

19. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #59 Capricornman, Mar 22, 2013
    So of all the games Gabrien and you have mentioned should I get this game first. All the comments in this thread sound very good and with a ton of fun waiting and no IAP it sounds great
    Edit: Rereading my question I almost answer it myself!