INDIGO LAKE - First Person Psychological Horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    On a side note we actually tried the game out on an oculus rift and it looked great although even more scary. Might post a video of some of it but it wont look like much without the head set. Maybe one day a PC version on steam.

2. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Just though I would show a quick oculus rift screen

Attached Files:

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    What's up?

Any more news on approval or the release date?
    Quite looking forward to seeing this in action.

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Oh my gooooood I want it I want it I want it I want it I need it NOW! I'm a die-hard survival horror fan until the day I die, and this is way up my alley.

How awesome is it to play your own horror game with an oculus rift? That has to be such an incredible feeling. You guys seem to be really on top of your stuff, and your interaction with the community is hilarious, and definitely appreciated. That type of stuff makes me want to support a dev more than just how good a game is. I've bought fun, but awful looking games I never would have thought of buying, because the developers behind them were genuine. This game looks awesome and you guys kick ass, so my support couldn't be stronger

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I want this game and i want to see how pewpew playing this, LOL :D

6. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks so much for your comments it really helps to know there's people out there that want to support us.

It was pretty crazy playing with the oculus rift. Need to sort out a new control system for it to be really playable on it. With the sound effects aswell it was a very emmersive experiance.once the iOS version is done we are planning and andriod release and then a upgraded PC rift compatable version ideally on steam.

We may post a rift demo on YouTube soon but really need to get the iOS version done first.

Over the weekend we will put up a short video showing the ingame menu interface.

Thanks again!

7. ptdshiznit818

ptdshiznit818 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Oh man July can't come soon enough! Can't wait to play this!

8. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Hopefully you can get this on TouchArcade's weekly "released tonight" list so people will know of it. Game looks awesome.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will there still be a delay for testing?

10. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    New Icons

Ok here is another icon design, the last one not going down to well we moved away from the minimal (year walk) look.

Its a bit sci fi looking but our in game menus look very modern as if your interacting with smart glasses.

Attached Files:

11. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It actually looks quite good

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    That is cool.
    Real cool.
    Real eyecatching too.
    I like it alot.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #33 undeadcow, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Very nice icon! That looks a lot better with a good sense of mystery and eerieness that makes me want to play the game even more than I already do.

How about some more gameplay screenshots?

Being critical since feedback was requested (I think) some minor tweaks might help. At the bottom the water (or is it smoke?, I assume water because the hair looks weighted down) seems a little "photoshopped"/artificial because it sort of blurs in to her head, maybe a more defined but still transparent edge/boundary would help but otherwise not bad. Good use of negative space. Red/glowing eyes are cliche but in my opinion they never get old. The water and sky also convey the lake environment well. The hexagons give definition and texture in smaller size but I wonder how it'd compare to more pronounced clouds. The grey rain cloud color scheme is spot on. Well done overall!

14. Crude

Crude Member

Jun 26, 2013
    I'm looking forward to trying out this game.

15. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    That is a better icon :) do you think the game will come out this month?

16. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    thanks for the feed back!

So yes we are still aiming for this month. We will submit the first almost final version in the few days. It will be updated before release though. so we will go though 2 maybe three apple approvals.

17. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

Nice icon look a little bit creepy with me :D

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Maybe take away the red eye glow, but thats just me nitpicking.

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    I dont like the new icon. If i were you, ill make the icon contains the scary girl, the house and one tree and mix it with the dark background(slightly show the night sky with a lightning). Well, im not an artist here so im sorry for my bad taste in designing an icon. Its just something comes in my head when i see the trailer. :)

20. ptdshiznit818

ptdshiznit818 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Ehh, I don't know about that icon to be honest. Doesn't seem scary at all. Indigo lake IS a horror game after all...