INDIGO LAKE - First Person Psychological Horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #41 ThreeCubes, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    Thanks all again for you input.

We did try the more typical scary girl in front of house/wood icon, it really just looked like a hidden object game and looked a bit to generic horror. If I get time I will post some of the rough cuts but this icon seemed to be so unusual that it may attract a click from a wider range. Although you are all right in saying it does not fully shout scary horror game but maybe that's not a bad thing as there are longer exploring sections rather than just 100% running from slender(no he's not in this one).

The hexagons feature stylistically within the game so it does make more sense when you see it.

The red eye is a cliche and was originally blue but without it does not look remotely like horror.

We hope at the very least its something out would click on even if you carnt really tell what type of game it is

Thanks again!

[​IMG]

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Excellent news. Thanks.
    I like the approval type strategy as well. Implies a lot of confidence in it, which is obviously a good thing.

Oh, and I missed the icon discussion but I like it.
    I initially thought the top part was not suited as it gave it a sci-fi'ish vibe but if I read you right and it pairs with the menu, well then it is contextually appropriate.
    Either way I liked it, I was just unsure of the hexagon context. Now that I know its context, I like it more.
    I think it will stand out very nicely on screen and in store.

3. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #43 ThreeCubes, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Just to prove we are not dead, here is a little peek at the game just after you land a shore. its filmed on a iPhone 4s. (its all very low quality recording and the colours and brightness look a bit odd but you get the idea). Its about 40-45 fps despite all thats going on. feel free to whack the video upto 1080p

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That looks fantastic.

5. Stories

Stories Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Alan Wake concept. Insta-buy!

6. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Release date?

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    How well does it go on an iphone4?

8. ptdshiznit818

ptdshiznit818 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    o_O oh man that looks great!
    Even the sound effects are better! Haha thank god, I couldn't stand the footstep sound effects from The Woods but now everything sounds great. :D

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow... that video looks almost like a completed game ready to be released. A very promising game at that.

10. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look like it's already for launch, everything look great so far

11. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #51 oldgamer dude, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Just awesome, this looks like it could be actually scary. I love atmospheric horror games, they remind me of alone in the dark (PC)which I think is the first game that every genuinely freaked me out. I hope it's coming soon.

Ha ha I just noticed the real indigo lake is just north of me- I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend ;) that's so cool!

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    One word : awesomely awesome...
    Ok thats two. :D

13. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Watch out for a scary girl she will try to tempt you into the lake.

Thanks for all the comments

The footstep system has been totally overhauled. It's now made up of 16 individual sound files 4 for each ground type. It randomises the order and also randomises the pitch so each step sounds a little diffrent. The speed at which your traveling changes the interval between steps and the volume.

It The Woods it was basically ( if moving = true - play sound).

14. impressive!

Hey, this looks fantastic! Great atmosphere and presentation. Looking forward to trying this game!

15. ptdshiznit818

ptdshiznit818 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Sweet! This is totally gonna be worth the price no matter what it is.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Last night I had a nightmare about a place called I DI O Lake featuring a red eyed woman submerged in water staring at a hexagon sky. Still I'm taunted by the macabre images of this vile place and it's eerie inhabitants salved only by solving the cryptic mystery of Indigo Lake. There was even this scary girl trying to tempt me into the lake. Won't someone release this game and free me from having to invent my own accursed visions?

17. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    What is the release date?

18. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Went to the real Indigo Lake Saturday and it was a really nice deep blue pond ( only 10 acres). I guess it was part of a strip mine that got filled in.

It's supposed to be really deep with mining equipment still at the bottom. There are burial mounds around that are supposed to predate the Indians, they really don't know who constructed them so they just call them the 'mound builders' (creepy) . I want to go back at night because I bet the place has a whole different vibe.;)

Anyways the park system (Cuyahoga valley) its in is pretty cool and like only 20 minutes away- it's cool to discover something so close that you had no idea it existed lol.

Can't wait for the game!!!

19. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012

Well thats really cool you got to see the place in person. I'm amazed you came back alive, I guess you probably bought back an evil presence with you at least or maybe its a 7 day thing.

Next time I will set a game in New Zealand so you can go there to!

Well indigo lake has some great history but the area in the game has changed a lot. There are a few youtube ghost walk around there to on youtube.

You know when your taking to long on a game when some people start having dreams about and others just give up and go ghost hunting themselves in RL.

20. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013

So do you guys believe in ghosts?