Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think the nature of the two game types lead to different levels of replayability, but in the end it will always come down to what you enjoy doing. For Ballistic, replayability lays in score chasing and always trying to beat your best, and the multiple game modes and so forth enhance that. For Inferno, I think it basically comes down to trying the various ships and trying different powerup builds. You could always try to do better, but the game has an end. Though it does restart you with your powerups at greatly increased difficulty, and I'm not sure what happens after you win a second time. I would say itself doesn't have quite the replayability of a score chasing game, but then again if you love the gameplay, you may just keep coming back for more anyway :D Oh and there are achievements to get, which each provide more starting money in new games once earned.

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Ha! This place is awesome. Thanks for all the great responses.

I am a shooter fan through and through, so I will probably be getting all Radian titles as I see quality in each one. I picked up SuperCrossfire during the most recent sale and I am very impressed. I love the upgrade systems. For example, I absolute despise spread shots (unless they are done well) and with SuperCrossfire you can choose to not use the spread shot. I LOVE this feature. And what interests me about the upgrade system with Ballistic is how you seem to be able to make the shots seek (homing) and I LOVE heat seeking type weapons. They produce awesome patterns on the screen.

Ultimately I didn't want to get Balistic just to have it be outshined by Inferno in every aspect, since Inferno foes look that damn good. In terms of Fireball... I have to admit the lack of firing weapons makes me hesitant, but the comments are so positive I don't think I can go wrong.

I am definitely keeping my eye out for this influx of Radian goodies and will be plotting which title I go for next.

3. #123 Connector, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Sumosplash, thanks for the kind words.

As for Fireball, initially I wasn't too impressed, but they added different color backgrounds to the game in the update yesterday, and now I like the game. Maybe the gameplay is different too, but now I'm getting the feel of using my right thumb for slowing the game down, called meltdown mode.

I like the black background, I kind of don't like the blue background, maybe the default color should be black now. The white background is cool too.

For some reason, now I like the game much better. Strange. But it's worth the money too. Can't play as long at it as Ballistic or Inferno+. But a good quick fix I suppose.

I wonder if there are any levels in Inferno+ which are pacificist, meaning you can't shoot. I can't remember if Isotope had any pacificist levels, but I think pew pew did.

Next, I hope Radiangames can make a game like Cs one from Chillingo. That game rocked, and would be a perfect project for Radiangames. Before I was hearing that a sequel cs two was going to come out, but it never did. Does anyone know what happened to that? It's rpg gameplay is halfway between Inferno+ and a regular dual stick shooter if you know what I mean. I sure hope some developer can make a game similar in game play with that one, because of it's uniqueness.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    According to the blog Slydris, a puzzle game, will be the next to come to iOS, iPad only. Then either Fluid, which looks awesome, or a secret project he calls The Big Game :D

5. #125 Connector, Jun 1, 2012
    Royce,

I googled slydris, and reading radiangames blog was very interesting. It's cool to see what he has planned in the future since I don't have a pc or xbox anymore, since I do all of m y gaming now on my new ipad and iphone4.

One thing that was interesting to me was what he said about the reviews on his games. He mentioned that super crossfire and fireball seemed to get 8 out of 10s, and ballistic was getting rated lower than those two. He said also it seemed like the reviews were based on which platform it was reviewed on since most games play a lot different on the ipad vs iphone.

I was suprised, because I thought super crossfire would be rated a 10, ballistics a 9, and fireball an 8. Super crossfire still is one of my all time classics on my iphone. Maybe compared to todays shooters it is an 8, but in my heart it will always be a 10 just like infinity field and donpachi resurrection will be.

Thanks for your comment about the blog, it was interesting reading. Now I'm starting to wonder what a vector based puzzle game would look like.

PS: Help radiangames out by going to the general discussion area and voting inferno+ as the Touch Arcade game of the week. It actually seems to be winning from the nominations...

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Whew..just beat the game... My first play through was using the reflect weapon..which I quite like. Started a new game + with the homing weapon but it feels so underpowered to me..but maybe it's cause it's in new game +? Either way..fun stuff.

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #127 Guise, Jun 1, 2012
    New Game+ is indeed awesome and is reminding me a bit of Mage Gauntlet's Master Mode-- the regular modes for both games are great but the Master/+ modes are just killer.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This game is good, but cloud saves are as much of a joke as they are in other games. I'm stuck on my iPhone again because either it won't put the save on the cloud or my iPad won't download it. There really needs to be Upload To Cloud and Download From Cloud buttons. For now I'm replaying the levels on my iPad and will stick to playing on their from now on. I hope iOS 6 vastly improves iCloud saves. :(

9. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    #129 radiangames, Jun 1, 2012
    Sorry for the problems with iCloud. I don't know why it's inconsistent in working, but I just uploaded a build with more iCloud loading/refreshing, so that will hopefully take care of any issues. It seems at the start of the game, sometimes iCloud responds right away, and sometimes it doesn't. Ballistic never seemed to have that issue, but it wasn't loading/saving as much data.

EDIT: The new build should be out next week (set to release as soon as it passes review).

As for selecting your level, there is a way. But it's not available until you beat the game (New Game+ has it too, but it's a separate unlock). It's every 5 levels on the difficulty screen.

Luke

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    And again radian games blows it out of the park , inferno + is amazing...love it, they have yet to make a bad game and now have become imo one of the best indie devs around, cant wait for the next game to add to my radiangames folder on my ipad.

11. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Awesome game! Radiangames is on my list of automatic buys, what a nice collection of games you're putting up, great job!

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Finally broke down and bought this game, wow what an amazing game. The gauntlet comments are what brought me in and I am not disappointed. Smooth controls, awesome graphics, wow.

The gameplay videos do not do this game justice, this game is absolutely stunning in motion.

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Ditto.

This thread has been on fire and I couldn't resist anymore. Best $3 I've spent in months. I hope it gets the love it deserves.

14. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Bought this the other day just because it made by Radiangames. Didn't really have much interest in it, but thought what the heck I love their other games, so I'll probably love this as well.

Glad I jumped on it, this game is AWESOME!!!

Very well done, as expected. Can't say it enough, shut up and take my money!!! I'll buy any game made by Radiangames!!! :D

15. Yeah, on my new ipad, it looks brilliant. I wonder if Sanuku has an Ipad 2, the video looks very pixellated to me, unlike how it looks on my new ipad. For all the hard work Sanuku puts in, too bad a corporate sponsor couldn't buy him a new ipad if that is the case.

I just hope Inferno+ makes it on Apples itunes app store new and noteworthy section. That would really help sales out.

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #137 SumoSplash, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    RadianGames (Luke),

This may sound like a ridiculous pet peeve, but it is something I notice A LOT with shooters. Specifically what I am referring to is when there is an object (in the case of Inferno, the circle ship and the pods) is firing a projectile (the bullets) while the object is moving and how the projectiles do not originate from the object but instead to the side of the object. Confused? Let me explain...

If the circle ship is completely stationary and is firing projectiles, then the projectiles originate from the center of the circle (logically, of course). However, if you move the ship to the left while firing, then the projectiles originate to the RIGHT of the ship. This also holds true when moving from the right to the left, etc. In other words, the bullets cease to originate from the center of the circle while in motion and instead are displaced, almost as if the fire rate of the bullets can't keep up with the motion of the ship.

Like I said, I notice this A LOT in games, without giving specific examples. And I hate to sound particular because, even though I have yet to get this game, it looks amazing... But is there a way to make it so the bullets originate from the ship/pods no matter what their motion is? From a programming perspective is it even possible? I just feel it would look so much tighter.

Thanks!!!

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Sorry if there is a double post. Don't know how to delete posts on this forum.

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #139 tops2, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Well, I finally tried the game on my iPad and the iCloud seems to work fine. I get the option to use the iCloud save or the local save with the list of saves and how much gold for each save file.

Anyways getting my butt handled on new game +. I'm really not liking homing for new game + (but it's for my play style.). Gotta really learn to use the shield.

Edit: Of course after commenting about how iCloud works..it didn't work just a few minutes ago despite it working for the past 2 days. =P. lol..

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010