Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Get to new game+ and you'll get a bit of the oomph youre looking for!!! :D

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am a bit on the fence with Inferno+. I see that it is classified as an RPG and combines Gauntlet style gameplay with the dual stick shooter genre. Does it have a story or narrative of any kind that ties it all together?

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    No story.. Just whatever you make up.

4. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's not really a rpg.. It's more of a shoot em up... They just say rpg to lure you in.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It has as many RPG elements as many other games that people call RPGs, upgradeable skills, exploration, etc. But yeah it's basically a dual stick shooter adventure game. Definitely distinct from the more common arena shooters, but a dual stick shooter at the end of the day. Then again the Solomon games are dual stick shooters and people don't seem to have a problem with calling them RPGs, probably because they have wizards while Inferno has spheres :p

6. I would describe this game as a dual stick shooter in a maze arena. I envision RPG to have characters that are humanoid and fight against other humanoid characters. Guess you could call this a space rpg, but that would kind of be a stretch if you ask me.

Anyway, it's a good game, but it's more of a shooter than an adventure game. Since it doesn't have a lite version, you can download the lite version of Isotope since it is similar.

7. ragnar9200

ragnar9200 Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Inferno+?

On inferno what does the stun push upgrade do? Thanks

8. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Great! I want to know what each upgrade does.

9. ragnar9200

ragnar9200 Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Inferno

On inferno what does the stun-push upgrade do? Thanks

10. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Pretty much what it says it does stuns and pushes... I find to be kind of broken/too powefull

11. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    So what are the differences between the ships? And which do you guys prefer?

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There are 2 different shot types and 2 different shield types. Each ship has a different shot/shield combination. Try them all out and see which you like best. It's mostly a matter of personal preference.

13. Melvin.c

Melvin.c Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Great look! I will play it today. I like graphics.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished! (Three times).

Good: Everything. Always wanted a game like this, a DSS with many modes, difficulties, a + mode, full GameCenter, RadianGames own upgrading system behind it, and with a huge maze feel with lots of different enemies, explosions and bosses. And all the RadianGames good things: music, controls, polish,...

Bad: Lacks a story mode that would have made it even more awesome.

Conclusion: RadianGames always delivers, and Inferno+ is their best game yet (with permission of Super Crossfire). Games like these are rare on the AppStore, a true gem.

Final Rating: 5 out of 5. Must Have.

15. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Definite 5/5, but it is up for debate if it's better than SuperCrossfire. The one thing that irks me about Inferno is how the shots appear off center from the circle (your ship) when the circle is in motion, almost as if the bullets can't keep up with the speed of the ship. Then once your ship stops moving and you shoot, the shots appear right from the center, as they should. Other than that, the presentation is pretty much flawless.

16. Blue Steel

Blue Steel Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Can anyone tell me how to get the eighth bonus level? The entrance disappears whenever I get close to it. (Level 35). Thanks!

17. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    That's just a trap. There is no way to get to that bonus exit. The real 8th bonus level is found on level 37.

Luke

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    In preparation for Inferno 2, I've been hammering away at Inferno+. It's kind of nice to find gems like this ages after they come out. Good games are good forever.

What I find almost unforgivable though is that there are only 1,497 people that played this masterpiece of a game? What the heck? I hope Inferno 2 get's some eyes looking back at this game.

Anyway, I'm currently trying for some highscores since I finished the main game for the first time. But I'm aiming to go back for the newgame+ over the next couple days.

19. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I realize this is a really old thread, but I figured it would be better to ask my question here because the thread already exists. Perhaps players of the game and/or the developer can provide assistance.

I just recently purchased Inferno+. It's an amazing game! I've been playing it on the iPad. When I try to iCloud sync it to my iPhone nothing happens. Is it due to the implementation of the iCloud Drive? Is there a fix / solution / work-around?

iPad 4 = iOS 8.4
    iPhone 6 = iOS 9

Thank you. :cool: