Infinity Blade 1 (5.99 > 0.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by tops2, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Persona

Persona Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Space
    Haha,enjoy it!:)

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The first One?! WTF? Did I miss somehow Infinity Blade 0 or even Infinity Blade Preload :D

3. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    lol, he was responding to the part that said "Sequel's better, but..."

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    99 cents again

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm tempted to grab it but is it a true RPG or something like a simple fighting game with superb graphics?

6. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    It's like Super Punch Out with collectible equipment and light RPG elements featuring lots and lots of grinding.

It looks pretty dang good.

Oh, and it's certainly worth a dollar.

7. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Why? Do you need to save up for it? ;)

When you get killed at the end, you just start over and keep going through the same thing over and over again, taking different paths to the castle to find all the treasures and leveling up until you are high enough level to defeat the end boss.
    It's the dumbest thing ever. I got bored halfway through the second time. Slash, slash, dodge, slash, slash...repeat ad nauseum.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Or a "timed" Fruit Ninja...

9. Bowgart

Bowgart Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Depends on your priorities

Realistically it's main draw would be the graphics. They look pretty damn cool on an underpowered device that can fit in a pocket. In terms of gameplay... well, it's nothing special, and a lot of it doesn't make much sense. For example, your items gain experience, and that's how you level up, but once you fully gain experience in an item you sell it...

I bought this for the same reason I bought Angry Birds: I wanted to know what everyone else was talking about. Neither would count as my favorite game, but it definitely wouldn't count as a mistake. There's some limited fun to be had, and lots of other people really like them.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually if you really find the game fun, it is quite an endless game, propelled by infinitely looping storyline.

Definitely a mustbuy at $0.99.

11. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Does anyone know the full installed size?

12. Vigram

Vigram Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Sri Lanka
    946 mb :D

13. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #33 SumoSplash, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    I'm not saying this is a bad game by any means. I just don't feel that the gameplay matches the polish. Once I got to the boss the first time through, I literally thought, "Are you serious? That's it?" :rolleyes:, like how I felt at the end of LostWinds. I guess I was expecting a more lengthy campaign.

It isn't the grind that bothers me because if a game has fun mechanics, then the grind is enjoyable. Like I said I do like the game, but overall I couldn't help but feel, well... bored.

In a couple ways it reminds me of Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within, although with about a fifth of the fun factor. Damn that game was good...

Is the second one any different in terms of length?

14. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Back on sale for those who might be interested.

15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany