Infinity Blade 3 - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I can only see your comparison to Clash of Clans as relevant IF Infinity Blade 3 has some kind of long timer system and city/character building element to it. The thing with these freemium cash kings is that they are all some kind of manager game. But so far the Infinity Blade series is an action title. I wouldn't even say it is much of an adventure. Although, IB2 had a much better adventure element to it.

Personally, the only reason I want freeroam in IB3 is because I want to have an adventure and be able to explore sometimes instead of always having to swipe til my hands fall off. I love the world so much, that I still occasionally open up Epic Citadel just to explore through it and wish I could be doing that with my level 57 Siris. I'm a much bigger fan of traditional JRPGs, but Chair has crafted such a beautiful world, I love just exploring it... So I suffer through all the swiping... Although, not as much lately because I'm nursing my injured wrist and I don't want to agrivate it. Just another reason I'd love to have something else to do besides swipe... OR wait for freemium timers. I wouldn't pay for anything in a freemium IB game. Don't even know if I'd bother downloading it.

2. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    How about mounts for our characters like in Ravensword 2?!

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I know they wouldn't make it the actual final game, but I'd love to see a mini game in the pixel art of Superbrothers: S&S EP. Can you imagine exploring the Infinity Blade universe with those graphics?! That would be a sweet Easter egg. I'd probably forgive the lack of exploration if that was added on... ;)

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There is a multiquote button...

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Maybe hes on the app.
    Theres no multiqoute button here.
    Heres to hoping that theres no parry glitch.

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    My computer runs it just fine. Metro LL, Borderlands 2 and Crysis 3 all utilize it without lag or stutter. So it definitely doesn't bring your FPS down at all

7. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    on rails?

puuaj

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks. And I am. Love using the TA app. If they bring that option here, I'll use it for sure.

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You said "ragdolls and PhysX". Not exactly helping argue your point, here.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well then here's a better example.

Injustice Gods Among Us. Freemium. Action game. Considered an IB clone.

Continuously in the top 20 grossing charts since release internationally.

Daily United States revenue estimated at in excess of $100,000.
    That's $3.1 million a month (standard 31 day month) so far. In the US alone.
    That's before Apple takes its cut, but good numbers nonetheless.
    2.2 million daily active users in the US alone.

Now factor in the international numbers as well on top of that.

Now as a developer and a business, which would be the obvious choice of payment model to go for?

11. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Yeah injuries could make the game deeper. Also, environment interactions during battle and off-battle. They should also add the choice to spare or kill enemies, like against the boss in Skycages.

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I tried that game, but EVERYTHING seemed so out of reach without actually paying, I just deleted it right away. I wish everyone else would stop paying into this method. But I guess this is the future of gaming. And this is where I truly get stuck in my ways of paying up front... and I become old school for good.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    And I don't disagree on that one.
    The game is a pretty big grind with iap that offers little assistance in the coin department at least, so seems somewhat pointless to me.
    Its entertaining but just a little bit too far over the line in the later parts and the updates didn't help.

But there is a line that works for both parties, developer and player, its just too rare at the moment.
    I have a fair degree of confidence in Chair though and their ability to analyse and determine a suitable threshold that works.
    It might be misguided confidence but I do think their experience with mobile overall and iap specifically will give them an edge in determining a fair balancing line.

14. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Injustice is a pretty, but incredibly shallow game. Unfortunately this hits some people later than others. It hit me after I bought the starter pack, which was bugged luckily so I was able to get my money back and delete it. but it is the epitome of a grind fest.

15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    "My PC has a very good GPU, so I don't have any noticeable frame loss" is what you meant to say. :p

I play it every day. I haven't had a single issue with it, because while everything seems like a grind, it's actually quite easy to obtain 300,000 credits over the course of a day or two. Sure, I dropped some money on it, but that was because I thought it was fun and deserved some compensation for it.

It's when you hit the later levels that the game shifts from being a generic swipe-fighter into a far more fleshed-out, "what can I bring to this fight to succeed?" type of game. You might want to bring Batgirl to start off with a bar of super, or bring along Regime Green Lantern to boost the speed at which you generate power. Some characters might have hard to evade supers while others just hit really hard and stay up for incredibly long periods of time.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well... I agree it's shallow. I thought it's still pretty good at what limited stuff it offers though. But yeah, im done with it now too. I believe i was one of those who grinded a lot first and got a decent set of characters, but it is pretty shallow, with a huge file size, so it ended up being deleted.

I did love it though, no doubt about that.

17. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    #77 Wikilix, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    LOLOLOLOL, well with a core i7 CPU @2.40 GHZ, 12 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce Video card and A sweet Overclock, I think it may be more then just the GPU. My point was Nvidia's PhysX shows absolutely no strain on my games. And (if properly optimized) PhysX could be applied to infinity blade 3, especially because the shadows don't have to run at such a high resolution (due to the iPhones small screen) and Infinity Blade would only apply PhysX to some advanced particle effects and Ragdoll effects of the characters.

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    There's new iBook by Chair. Infinity blade: Redemption. I think its a clear sign to Infinity blade 3. It's scheduled to released on 3 September. And Infinity blade usually comes out in December.
    I'm hoping some good news!!!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... im actually pumped about the book too. If that means a new IB game is close, im all for it.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same here. Awakening was very cool.