iPhone Infinity Blade: Dungeons [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    I'm sure that its not ipad 3 exclusive. The official site says "ios exclusive", no word about ipad 3. Of course there will be some "exclusive" high graphic settings for it...

2. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I'm sure the iPad 3 will handle it just fine if it was demoed at the iPad 3 launch.

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Looks pretty good, in any case it will be my first dungeon crawler game.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Update: Epic has dropped a few more details on Infinity Blade: Dungeons. The game will see players "assume the role of an apprentice weaponsmith who serves the Master of the Forge," ultimately seeking to forge the Infinity Blade itself. It also features "a dynamic camera system that takes you in and out of battle, weapon crafting and exploration." You can view a trailer for Infinity Blade: Dungeons above.

Update 2: An Epic Games spokesperson tells Joystiq that Chair Entertainment is not behind the development of Infinity Blade: Dungeons, saying, "Infinity Blade: Dungeons is being developed by a team at the Epic Games headquarters in North Carolina, with some creative direction from Chair."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/infinity-blade-dungeons-namcos-sky-gamblers-shown-off-on-new/

5. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Since that's the case then I wonder where the IB2 update is...anyway, this does look like an interesting game, I wonder if it'll have any of the deathless we know in it

Also, can we try and keep the discussion on the game rather than ipad3/ps vita tech comparison and speculation?

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I just cleaned up the thread, including my original comment that provoked all the Vita discussion.

Let's keep this thread to IB: Dungeons.

7. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    That might be a GOOD thing for this game. Don't mean to bash, but I always thought the IB games were limited. Hoping for a good Dungeon Hunter-type game. By the way, if you haven't checked it out, "The Bard's Tale" fills this niche very nicely currently.

8. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I expected something more impressive, when it comes to games, than this in apple's media event. This has nowhere near the shock value of the original IB unveiling .

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Next person who posts anything about the iPad itself (rather than the game in question) is going to get an infraction. Capiche?

10. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    I wonder when it is going to be released, also i wonder if it will reveal anymore about the worker of secrets...

11. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Weird that a release date wasn't mentioned. with the 4s conference the date for IB2 was confirmed almost 1 and a half months after product release. Makes me wonder if this release is even further away than that if they didnt want to announce a date

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm kinda disappointed with the way he looks (gotta lay off the food and the beer probably) and the hammer (to me) just doesn't seem that cool. But I guess blacksmiths use "hammers" to make swords =p

I would actually have been more happy if they released a prologue game for Godking. I mean, who wouldn't want to play GK and destroy everyone on your path to "taking over" the kingdom. He seems to have the most hidden story out of everyone in IB.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    It's possible that the look is customizable...

14. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    I wonder what resolution graphics intensive games like this will run at on the new iPad. Even the Vita, which has a very similar graphics chip, doesn't run many games at its native res, which is much lower than 2048x1536.

15. Rofl_Mao

Rofl_Mao Member

Feb 22, 2012
    It looks really nice indeed. Too bad I usually don't have time to play games like this on my iPad.

16. BirkusTheGreat

Dec 23, 2009
    That would be awesome. I'm hoping that some of the characters we know make an appearance. Maybe the "apprentice weapon-smith" that's trying to forge the infinity blade will turn out to be Raidriar, Ausar, or the Worker of Secrets..

And I agree with the other comment, I'm definitely predicting customizability, it's such an IB thing.

Annnnddddd I'm really hoping that either this comes out for the iPod touch too, or I get an iPad 3 for my bday.

17. swisssk8er1

swisssk8er1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 12, 2011
    Isn't the Worker the one who forged the Infinity Blade? Isn't that the reason you are trying to free him in Infinity Blade 2?

Or did I misunderstand the story?:confused:

18. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I'm a stickler for good framerates. IMO, iPad 1 didn't handle Infinity Blade 1 "just fine," and iPad 2 doesn't handle Infinity Blade 2 "just fine." Infinity Blade (like so many console and PC titles) is designed to get the prettiest screenshots without quite dropping framerate to unplayable levels on the latest hardware.

There were reports of jittery framerate at the conference, so I'm hoping a game designed for choppy frames on an iPad 3 will be buttery smooth on a device with 1/2 the horsepower and 1/4 the pixels.

19. BirkusTheGreat

Dec 23, 2009
    Oh right he did...well then I guess that could mean that you're playing as the Worker..

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    IB2 runs at a steady 30FPS on my iPhone 4S. That's not the same 60FPS, of course, but the Unreal Engine is not designed for that.