Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Can someone give me a guide for getting all the pieces of the Vile set? I know how to get the sword, and in my old playthrough I did. But in my NG+, he's making a pancake out of me. If someone can just make a list of the stuff, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: And if I need something, like a map or otherwise, let me know.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Been there, done that :) I've already been told in the official IB2 forums that this is a major complaint of all the players. In IB1 you were always asked if you wanted to go to the next "+" game or stay in the current "+". On the other hand, IB2 only asks when going from OG to NG+, but it doesn't ask when going from NG+ to NG++, from NG++ to NG+++ and so on.

The only way people have found in the IB2 forums to bypass this is to leave one of the three bosses alive, so that you get to the top of the tower, kill Thane (that was his name?, bad memory I have) and begin a new rebirth without going into the next "+" game.

My guess is that Chair has done this to force people to buy bags of gold to be able to buy all the gear. Not a nice move IMO, but it's something done on purpose by Chair unfortunately... :( Anyway, the game is great, so I'll stick to the "leave one boss alive" method.

3. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    After updating, my character progress reset :( has anyone else experienced this?

4. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    Radriar " Ausar you were always a vile plotting wretch..."

sneaking Chair hinting at this updating since the release of the game

5. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012

Vile shield:get to the new area( the place you get the sword), defeat the first titan, get to the right, you need the Infinity Blade to open the crype and take the shield
    vile armor : climb up the tree in the arena and fight the monster there
    Vile helm: buy dusty treasure map , go to the place of the Stone demon , you will see a mural that look the same as the picture in the map, touch it and you get the helm
    After getting all 4 items, buy the Vile map, go to the room with the tomb( the room that you have to insert 6 weapons to get new weapons), touch the tomb, and get to Holy ring

6. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Someone said something about getting a Vile mace. anyone else get one of these? If this is true it could mean there could be Vile dual weapons

7. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    yep found the same info. I think I will go back to og game for now then to enjoy the full vault and the new gear. Then I will try to find the patience to keep dying in NG+.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Really?
    Thanks...I was sure I tried that but apparently not, doing it right now!

9. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I have the vile mace by opening the the large key chest, i am pretty sure the vile dual will be in large chest too, but i still dont have it yet

10. suplio

suplio Member

May 5, 2012
    Really good! Best art work ever!

11. TalKSicK333

TalKSicK333 Active Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Does anyone know how to get to the newly added library area?

12. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Can anyone help? I cannot get the vile helmet. I have all the treasure maps and tapped the damn relief a million times in each of it's square millimeters...

Seems to be an evil bug.

Also I am standing the second time at the place but it is still not working... WTF

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im assuming you are already in front of the mural. Here's what you need to do.

Get to a new rebirth and get your self to that area. BEFORE FIGHTING THE TITAN ON THE BRIDGE, TAP THE MURAL. I havent tried killing the titan first, but i believe you are still on the same position as you were before fighting him. Moving forward closer to the mural DOES NOT let you get the helmet.

I hope that helps.

14. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    thanks, I try that. Found it also funny how he picket up the treasure of that building 200 metres away :D

15. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I got it from a rare prize wheel, and the vile dual is called The Vile Thorn.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    No need to keep dying in NG+, just leave one of the three bosses alive. I'm going to leave the megarobot one. You can just go up to the tower and die there over and over again, to be reborn in the same NG+.

I also played OG after seeing I had lost everything in NG+, and I'm happy I did, even though the new bosses are VERY difficult in OG when you're at level 86 :D

17. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I don't know how u guys stay in OG for such a long time NG++ is actually good. At first I felt like roadkill but it got better. I managed to stay at ^5 till the first update came out. for some reason the game sent me back one NG each time I lost to the shade (Still didn't use IAP's shame on you Chair) who gets really tough. Right now I'm on ^9 at level 250, reset my stats so I'm not an attacking demigod anymore and this makes the game really difficult.....and FUN(for me at least) I've decided to stay here until the next update so what I do is leave one deathless alive and climb to the top of the tower. This also helps with gem forging because the longer the route you take through the castle, the longer the number of years that pass by. I usually leave the Stone Demon alive cos he is out of my way and also the mech robot sentinel drops a large key which I must have and I'm afraid I might 'accidentally' kill the Archivist.
    Bottom line it is possible to continue, own tons of stuff in NG+ don't worry about what you have now, you will definitely get them back (well except for those rare items from Clashmobs and lucky finds). NG+ is worth it; things get more challenging and you will be proud of yourself when you get through. Oh and when you get far enough, one of those little bags give u abt $2000. Get on with it

18. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you very much. Now how do I earn gold quickly enough to buy the Infinity Blade? :p

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    How did you get the vile dual weapons?
    Got the mace from the statue with the sword.

20. ghanw

ghanw Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    I was thinking of the same thing i was going to post this but by ipod battery died before i could post, since you posted it i dont have to post thank you.(no sarcasim though)