Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    I tried this game again this morning. I turned gamecenter off, and managed to make it past the opening cinematic, but I was busy so I closed the app. I tried again later and it crashed. I'm pretty damn angry. There better be a fix soon.

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    This is what I keep saying! Gaming like most things is subjective. I liked the rawness of IB1 more, but IB2 is no slouch.

I stand by my statement that Chair has more story in IB1 and IB2 then a lot of console fighters. People forget that this a fighting game, not a RPG. Read the book and you'll become more immersed. I just started today!

3. Ellipsis

Ellipsis Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Played last night for a couple of hours and expected my saved game to be there. It's not. Sonofabitch.

4. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Honestly, I think you have to force the game to work for you! Some people, including myself, have no problems with it now. It crashed a ton when I first downloaded it, but since then, I've made it my b#%&h. I had The Bard's tale running in the background and not one crash. Also, I never turned off iCloud or Game Center.

5. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I'd be happy if IB2 had no story at all by stating that this is a pure fighting game. But the devs decided to add a story line with voice acting and all that stuff. And then, it should be decent or it becomes just a waste of time between the fights.

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I mean how you feel about the story is subjective as I like it. I'm pretty sure others like it as well. The only reason I'm reading the book is because of playing IB2.

Plus most fighting games have some sort of a story.

What is it that you don't like about the story?

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    And it's now vanished from the store in the uk.
    So I suppose that means there fixing it.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Looks like it got pulled from German store as well.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Same here. No progress saved. The issue seems to be spreading. Hopefully enough for Chair to take notice, eventually.

(My theory is that it has something to do with iCloud sync. Every time I return to the game, it seems to restore three level 0 character save games from iCloud (created by me as a way to test the multiple save slots), overwriting all my progress.

Since I will not believe Chair could be inept enough to have forgone local saving when there is a connection to the net ;) , my theory is that IBII has instructions to restore progress from iCloud upon EVERY relaunch, but somehow fails to upload new save data, thus bringing us back to the same point every time.)

Story-wise and graphically, yep, very good description. Gameplay-wise, IB2 is all improvements.

10. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    It's still on the New Zealand and Australian app stores.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Are the sound effects bugged for anyone else?

Music plays fine, but there are no sword slashing/blocking effects! Tried turning the effects volume down, then up... no luck. I got stuck in a swordlock with an enemy and that was the only time I heard the effect of blade on blade clashing. Otherwise, all my swipes and blocks emit no sounds.

Tried restarting my device and don't really feel like deleting and redownloading the game again. Meh...

EDIT: I'm on a 4S, 5.0.1

12. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Sure it is... every single opinion on the game is subjective. If it is good or bad, if controls work fine etc. My statement was only a reply to your objection that IB has more story line than most of other fighting games. While this is undoubtly true, it is not necessarily a good thing as it then depends on how good the story is written and told (-> subjective)

I am not saying I hate the story. It simply does not catch me and therefore I find myself skipping dialogues to not waste to much time on it. Clearly, totally subjective. ;) Therefore, personally, I'd prefer a condensed and more atmospheric story OR a really well developed storyline. IMO, IB2 has neither (but is not extremely crappy either). YMMV, of course!

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Yeah, that happened to me too. Also, when the sounds do actually work, the ones of the player are usually only played on one speaker. (only left or only right side.)

14. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Did you manage to fix it?

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Happened to me on initial playthrough. Shutting down the app, removing it from the task bar and restarting fixed it though.

But look, clearly the game is full of issues, it's been removed and hopefully will be back fixed in this respect as well as others. Like it or not you (and the rest of us) will have to download it again anyhow.

16. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, I meant story-wise and graphically (and also overall look & feel, which is more important than just graphics as it includes the colour scheme, voice acting, mood, sound, etc).

17. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Anyone else seeing HUGE battery drain while playing IB2? (still totally worth it).

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  19. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    I don't know about the battery drain yet but my 4S started heating up like a b**** after just 5-10 mins of play... heh. Time to fire up DRWAPS again, I guess!

And Gab> thanks - doing that got my SFX back.

20. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    I loved the first one and haven't played in a little while. Picked this one up and luckily have had no issues. Works fine on my iPad 2 5.01.

To me this is too much like the first one. Even the same castle. Just feels like an expansion rather than a sequel. Still bloody good though.

Anyone else?