Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    It's too bad everyone is having issues, I'm on a 4s and haven't had 1 issue. Suckers!

2. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Ipod touch 4th gen 32gb on 5.01 here and have yet to get to the title screen. Used the fix on the first post and that got me 2 seconds of the opening cinematic before crashing and haven't gotten any further since. Really hoping an emergency fix is coming.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    4.2.1 i'm convinced is one of the best versions for the ipod

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

5. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The game plays fine on my iPhone 4, but I've already played through it several times, deleted it, and reinstalled the first one instead (which is superior). IB2 is a little meh, you guys who can't play it aren't missing out on that much, except maybe your $7....

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Is there any way to down grade my iPod from 5.0.1 to 4.something ?

7. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Got the same to work for a while, now I can't get past the title screen again. Oh well.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'll pass on trying to play anymore before an update is released. I've restarted my iPod ten times in the past 30 minutes already. The furthest I ever get is a few seconds into the cutscene. Looking forward an update by the weekend. Of course, I'm running 5.0.1 on the 4th gen. as well. Can't wait to play it. Going to be playing TBT, DRWaPS, and CoD: BOZ until then.

9. Splice

Splice Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I just lost my second save! I didn't even do anything save for not play the game for a few hours! That's four hours down the tubes on this game! Screw this!

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Obviously this is just my opinion, but I cannot understand people who don't see this as a massive improvement on what was already one of the premier experiences on iOS. I'm getting the impression that some people are rebelling against the hype without really being fair to the game. This game is stellar. As to the crashes, I can't speak to them...I'm running it on an iPad 2 with the latest firmware and it runs flawlessly. Also, reading the novella before starting this added another whole level of enjoyment that wouldn't be necessary to like the game, but made me MUCH more invested in my character when I began. I think the price is more than fair for the experience. This is especially true in that I'm sure Chair will continue to update and enhance the experience as they did with IB1.

11. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    besides all the great graphics and such, I really don't see the huge hype out of this game. All you really do is swipe around the screen. CoD seems way more fun to me.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

860 out of 958 reviews on iTunes currently are five stars... If more people were having issues, I guarantee the first place they would go to complain is on iTunes. So, yeah, I'm not really sure "several dozen" people complaining is that major in the grand scheme of things. Regardless, I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

13. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Has anyone tried the money hack from the first game on this one? Just wondered if it works since people are saying you can't sell stuff and it sounds like gold will be hard to come by in NG+ (if there is one)

14. shinjihollow

shinjihollow Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Im a huge IB fan i have been one since IB1 but with IB2 i really am looking to get my money back atleast until they fix and update the game. This game is unplayable as of right now for ME. Either my save gets deleted or my game crashs. Ive done all the little tricks people have suggested on these forums but they are not fully working. Epic and Chair have made a spectacular game but they didnt take the time out to make sure that it would work for everyone. We atleast deserve a refund until further notice.

15. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    All you do in CoD is press buttons.

16. Splice

Splice Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Well I submitted a bug report and posted a 1 star review. Frankly im pissed I lost two games at no fault of my own, and when it does work it's super choppy and unresponsive.

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I really have to agree. Based on mg experience with this game and others.

18. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Ha! I dont get all the hype for CoD. Looks like a million other games to me just shoot endless zombies and multiplayer which gets old fast for me. To each there own.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

And swipe. And tilt (if you really want to.). But really, gameplay wise the IB series isn't that great. You literally are doing EXACTLY the same thing all the time, and there is only one way to do it. In CoD BOZ for example there are so many ways to kill a zombie. Shoot him, knife him, throw a grenade at him, make him walk through a claymore, ... And of course you can walk and run arround.

20. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    iCloud save for IB2 -- how does it work?

Here's my scenario: I began playing and got to level 7 in one sitting last night on my iPad. Now I want to take that game with me on the go via my iPhone.

I can see the save in my iCloud storage list but can't see the save game in my iPhone version of IB2.

How do I synch the save game?