Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    7 hours left!

2. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    NZ... I'm so jealous right now.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks for sharing Sanuku, you have some real lag on your beloved iPad 2.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    hows that on 3gs?

5. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Some excerpts from Touchgens review:

http://www.touchgen.net/infinity-blade-2-review

Graphics:

"To get the most out of this game visually, you will need the power of the A5 processor (currently limited to the iPhone 4S and iPad 2). But the game will run on older devices, and despite missing out on the new lighting effects and silky smooth frame-rates, it still looks and plays great."

Free roam:

"One of the main reasons against free-roam for me would be the loss of the cinematic feel to the game. Much of the wow-factor and thrills come from the beautifully framed angles and shots of the camera as they introduce new areas of the environments and the deathless that dwell there. Put that camera control into the hands of the player and, sorry, but it would be far less effective.

The second is that this just isn’t that type of game. Essentially it’s a beat’em up, with RPG elements… and well, I have never heard anyone saying of Street Fighter that they wish they could have free-roam, to travel between bouts!"

6. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Scored 10/10 on IGN :) must be good! They never give 10s!!!

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    forsure! i will play it myself to prove them right. improved on everything in IB1? i'm sold

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#68 Der-Kleine, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    iPod touch 4 gameplay comming later today.

[​IMG]
    Blurry Textures are aparrently great graphics and blob shadows are just too much for an iPod to handle, it seems.

9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    @ Der Kleine did you upgrade to iOS 5?

10. Der-Kleine

Nope. But that would only affect the performance (wich is ok anyway, most of the time.)

11. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    He's iOS 4.x by the look of it

Hopefully it looks better on the device

12. Der-Kleine

You'll still notice that the textures are blurry and the edges of things are rough.

Depending on the distance of objects the quality of them decreases or increases. As you can see in my screenshot the player is just out of the High Quality range from the camera.

You will of course be missing the light effects and stuff that made the previews look so much better if you're not using an A5 device. (They do hide the flat looking backgrounds.)

13. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Can you get a video?

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Infinity Blade II - iPad 2 - HD Video Walkthrough - Part 2:

Note:

The Game is getting Better and Better and...

Yes, you can clearly see the Game run sometimes already at it`s Limits (CPU/GPU). From Time to Time you have those Framedrops and the hole Picture does Freeze for a Second like it would run over the Edge and somehow get`s enough Frames together to still look as good as it does.

Apple really need to finally stop using those Medicore 800 ~ 1000 CPU and finally Kick some Asses with a sweat 1.5 ~ 2 GHz Dual/Quad Core CPU.

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

@Der-Kleine:

We definitly need a Video from you to compare this One with the current iPad 2 Material i am uploading. Please take the Time and do at least a 5 ~ 10 so we can compare the Quality of the Textures.

16. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Thanks for sharing!
    I watched the first two minutes and then stopped, don't want to know the whole story yet, I prefer finding out myself:p
    But from what I saw, this game looks way better than the first one, so many new small details, which weren't in the first game, just awesome:D

17. Der-Kleine

I am actually doing a playthrough. Part 1 is uploading and Win. Movie Maker is working on saving Part 2.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Trust Me when i tell you that if you have seen just the first Part you have seen nothing. Starting with Part 2 and Part 3 the Game does already turn on the Turbo and the Fun starts.

I had the Luck to find a powerful Sword and now i can really start to KickAss and work on my Parry Skills.

Looking forward for your Recordings. It`s always nice to compare the different Playstyles and hopefully i can learn something new.

19. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    OMG! I stopped the video after a few minutes (spoilers) but what I saw from the game looks awesome!

iPad 2 is the fastest tablet on the planet (4 times faster than GalaxyTab 10.1). I think it already kicks some asses ;).

20. strellinho

strellinho New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    OMG, same boring stuff as the first. Can't understand the hype. No thanks!