Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    After reaching level 26, I've come to realize that IB2 is one hell of a pretty looking and incredibly boring game! There I said it. Let the fanboy assault begin!

2. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Somewhat agree when you start to hit those kinda levels... New Game+ though? That's a different story. Shit is tough as nails and is perfect for hardcore IB players.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just recently hit Lv100 on New Game+. Dont have much time on it because of the other amazing titles that came out recently.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm curious how you managed to leave multiplayer out of that list ;)

(Not commenting on the actual appeal of IB's multiplayer, but it certainly is one feature the sequel does not have. Chair have actually stated that they haven't decided whether to incorporate head-to-head multiplayer in IB2. The popularity of Clash mobs and the sales figures of IB2 will decide.)

5. Ezak

Ezak Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    I actually really like the IB 1 multiplayer... Hard to find good players though :(

6. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    So for all the greyed out items, is there a way to get them faster? Like starting NG+, or do you have to wait for them to drop from a chest or boss. Also, are there weapons exclusive to NG+ like the first, and are they greyed out right now, or are they separate and not in the store in the first playthrough.

7. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I've also been meaning to ask these questions. And wow, been taking a while before any update hit. Or probably, I just got spoiled by the updates of IB1 back in the day.

8. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Anyone have an idea of when clash mobs will come out? Because its been nearly four months since they promised it.

9. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Noticed a great improvement in performance after iOS 5.1 update on iPhone 4. Wonder if it's 'real' or just some sorta coincidence.

10. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I just went to NG+ after mastering all of the non greeted items, and probably half of them had dropped, maybe 20 were still greeted. But now all of them are greyed out again in NG+ except for the outer space like stuff from NG+ in first game. Seems like its drop only.

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Mark Rein said on twitter that IB II will be updated with retina support for the new ipad. That's at least something! Maybe they have a big update planned for friday ; )

12. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah that was me asking the question last night. It had to be done.

I was glad to see him respond. I'm sure it will look amazing on my new iPad.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #1593 awp69, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    So after salavating for this game (and IB1) when I couldn't play it on my original iPod Touch 2G, I finally got the game about a week ago for my 3GS. It's a fun game with, of course, sweet graphics. But want to make sure I understand something. The basic idea is just to fight all the baddies on the way to the top of the tower and then, you hit a level 25 boss. At least in my case, you lose that battle since you're probably only level 4 or 5 the first time up anyway.

Then you have your "Rebirth" and do the same thing.

So is it just rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat until you're strong enough to beat the top level boss? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but just wanted to know if there's more to it after that point.

You don't have to spoil anything that does happen after that, but just was curious if it's just that...and then the New+ game.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, Thane (that boss) isn't the top level boss in the game. After defeating him, you will have to face other bosses as well. Some are really impressive, and difficult... Do you remember those locked doors? Defeat Thane.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks. Did seem like it was going to be pretty short if that was it.

16. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #1596 injuwarrior, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Counting Thane twice, there are 6 bosses, and you will need at least a 5, probably closer to 10+ to reach and then beat them all. Plus there are at least 30 or so titans (at least that is what it feels like to me), and if you keep playing, once they get to level 100+, the feel like the original bosses (many of them better). I basically have to break up a titan combo in order to get a break now. So if you like the basic mechanic enough to play it a lot, you will get a hell of a lot out of the game. If not, you will still get quite a few hours.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Don't think of it as 1 fight to the top. It's better to think of IB2 as branching paths. There aren't a huge amount but a good amount. Then once all paths are complete you can get to the real boss :)

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I saw that there were branching paths...picked one the first go around and ran into someone much stronger than me. But just wasn't sure if Thane was the "final boss" after each trip to the top. Glad to hear there's more after that.

19. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    clashmob.when.info

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The game has a lot of content. Aside from the huge amounts of unreleased stuff :)mad:), you should be able to play a really hard New Game+ if you want the challenge, there's tons of gear to get that'll take a while, you can master gear to get points to level up your character, you can beat all the bosses in story mode (which should take a bit of time to level up), and you can go through story mode infinitely to fight enemies that grow stronger as you beat bosses. So it's definitely by no means a cheap/short/simple game.

Gosh I really am curious what's going on with the damn clash mobs! Maybe they couldn't figure out how to make it work.