INKS IAP and potentially misleading iTunes description discussion.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by metalcasket, May 4, 2016.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ahh so once you reach later levels the last worlds get unlocked that makes sense.

Agreed the price is great but I'm not sure it would have been if I'd have had to pay more for the last 2 worlds.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The first 3 worlds open as soon as you finish the first level. The other 2 are locked behind $1 paywalls. I don't know if there's any criteria to unlock the other 2 (maybe getting a star rating on each level?), but right now it's clear these are paid packs.

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I've been excited for INKS since I first saw it in development stages.

What a beautiful game that is an absolute steal for $1.99. As others have said the remaining two level sets are $0.99 each. This is going to be the editor's choice (Just a hypothesis) along with Shark World.

INKS will not cost you an arm and a leg either. It's a ton of fun with paint splattering pinball.

4. Does that mean the $2 gets you 60 levels, not 100? That would be fine, but it's pretty misleading to say 100 levels in the description and not mention that 40 of them will cost you extra. If Apple won't list IAPs, devs should at least be very clear about it.

5. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Was gonna buy it but dogy iap no thanks.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You've sold me...I'm all over this one!

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    The first 3 world combine is 73-74 levels and the other 2 worlds are 1$ each for more levels I wonder if you can unlock them without paying cause if not this is misleading. but it's fun and looks great like their other games

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I'm kinda annoyed when people say that game not worth the price, this game deserve as much money as it can get it completely beautiful and i feel it don't matter about the whole in app thing

9. It's not the price itself. If a game is charging *any* money up front, the info on the box should simply be accurate.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I don't think the issue, at least for me, is the IAPs themselves. They just could have made it more clear. Like saying X number of levels are included and more are available via IAP.

I wouldn't have minded if they just had charged $3.99 up front. So not a cost issue as much as it is not made clear in the app description that says 100 levels.

11. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    So it more likely an typo, somethings dev didn't think about putting In I just think this turn people off to buying it and it really shouldn't

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Saying 100 levels and not mentioning IAPs doesn't seem like just a typo.

But whatever. Still going to buy it.

13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    You saved me two bucks too. #

14. That's a really weird number. Does that mean each world is 25 levels and there's actually around 125 levels total?

15. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Well it does say over 100 tables so its possible

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I counted the levels in the first 2 worlds, which both have 24 levels. This would make me think there are 120 levels in all.

Glad that the iOS minimum is high as that makes it more difficult to pirate. Hopefully this will sell well.

17. Thanks for checking!

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I bought it before I knew this and I'm going to be very annoyed if those last levels are iap only.

Thing is I would have happily paid the same price if the description said 75 levels but if you advertise something for one price and then say well no actually if you want to play the whole 100 levels you've just bought you need to pay us more, then I think that's basically wrong.

I'm not going to ask for a refund but being British I shall probably moan away to myself about it for a while and then write a strongly worded letter of complaint to someone.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Now that this national nightmare is over can I delete all these posts so the first thread has actual impressions on the game instead of figuring out whether or not 2.67¢ a level is an appropriate value and whether or not the developers are lying in their app description?

edit: Nope, posts still coming in. Get it all out people, let's make it super clear to these developers why iOS gamers prefer free to play.

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Are you really wondering why people are confused? Also I dont think anyone is saying they are lying?