Universal Invader Hunter - (by Pindilab) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Anyone played this yet? Looking for some more impressions

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So it will be paidmium? Or will it be a small scale thing like a couple items you can buy for a doller or whatever? I'd really like more info on what's planned with this, micro transactions with premium currency (consumable IAP) or simple one time payments to unlock new features/content. Anyway, if this is going to be paidmium, it's kind of pre-paidmium, so for short we could make up a new word, premium. Oh wait...

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    If online play is coming that same month, I assume IAP and it are tied. I hope not, though!

4. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Please fix our English... It will be great help for us... Translation is harder than develop.. :(

5. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    The stampeding green dragon creature in the first vid is straight up Tigrex from monster hunter... -_-

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha I saw that too, only 15 mins left until i can get to play this and see for myself what it's like :)

7. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    We don't have plan to sell the contents/feature in app-purchase.
    We think "Core Package" will be high rate item for in app purchase.
    It may be similar type of gold package in Infinite Blade.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sounds good. If IAP is only for the impatient, this game will be awesome.

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    The bosses in this game look sexy as hell....im diving in deep with this baby

10. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Are there different types of weapons?, if so do they all need to be zoomed in to be fired? Are the environments strictly arena? Or do they split into sections such as monster hunter or peacewalker? Are there different armour classes? How about bullet variations? Health packs? Genders?

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Right thought I'd come back with some impressions after playing this for a while.

First off I'll say wow its exactly what I was expecting from the description and screens. If your looking for a monster hunter style fix this is pretty close.
    The controls work really well, the stick always did what I wanted to do same with the dodge/jump button, the camera is like having autolock on so it always points at the enemy (which is nice) and the fire button works where you hold the button to go into first person (it auto targets the enemy's body for you) and let go of the button to shoot, but while in first person view you can adjust your aim to target specific parts of the enemy for more damage/points.
    I like the auto targeting and auto camera moving as it seems to work well and that helps I'd say a lot for a machine with no buttons.
    So far the game has been pretty easy going, it's a case of dodge the enemy attack and shoot it and repeat until dead (monster hunter style)
    After killing the boss/enemy you get a grade, loot and money based on your performance. For example shooting an enemies weak spot gives you more points.
    It looks like theres plenty of content for your cash with all the different guns and armour pieces to make/collect. It's worth mentioning that buying/making new bits of armour also has added bonuses if your wearing a complete set.
    You can also go back to replay any previously finished missions to farm for cash and rewards.
    Sure the English is a bit well Erm not right but for me that doesn't matter it's the gameplay that matters.

Well so far I can say
    graphics = very nice cell shaded style
    Gameplay = spot on
    content for your money = looking very good indeedo
    If your looking for a monster hunter style fix (like me) then IMO this is it. I've been a long time MH Fan and for being on a device with no buttons this does a very nice job of filling the gap for me.

12. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Will get once universal is added. Been suckered in by other games claiming it would be added in update, and they are still not supported.

13. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Downloading now! :D

14. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Impressions pleaz :D

15. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Not really an impression but a breakdown. I'll leave an impression later.

3 save slots

4 Selections
    1. Mission
    -Self explanatory

2. Inventory
    -Holds your addons. e.g. HP Kit or Chemichal Clip

3. Equipment
    -Holds all of your armor and guns
    -Gives stats

4. Workshop
    -Where you go to buy weapons and armor
    -You need to make your weapons and pay a fee. e.g. the Wincrash gun costs 360 gold and requires R4 Metal x 2.
    -20 sets (20 of each type of armor and gun totaling 100)
    -10 add ons

Overall, it looks like stats play a heavy role in the game, which is something I really like.
    example:
    Ruby Helmet
    Set Effect: Coremaster
    Add 100% to Core Reward

Ultimately, it seems like sets (having each piece of armor be the same type) is predominant. IDK

What little I've played, I think the game controls pretty well. I got a little lag from time to time but nothing major. The roll works well. Aiming is fine to. Like oooooomonkey said, it's first person zoom.

Graphics look great.

I'm undecided on gameplay. However, it does seem very promising. As long as the bad guys' looks and attacks are varied, this will be a winner.

*Will leave further gameplay impressions later.

16. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Dear Ghostz! Thanks for huge interest!

Weapon only Canon style gun. Yes Zoom need to critical hit. But it is automatically aim and player can shot base target point without aiming by hand. But if player want to attack fatal point (normally head), player has to move aim point by left thumb!

Yes strictly arena. no crush environments. Instance battle arena / Lobby place. Two places not connected. Armour have 4 classes (head, Arm, Leg, Chest) and each named type armor make special set effect. Bullets is 8type of Bullet. (Normal, Diffuse, Delay, Buck, ice, Flame, Chemical, Frozen).

Two type of kits we have. Health & Battery Kit.

Genders... looks man. but even we don't know exactly what marine's gender is. :)

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Thanks for the info! Will probably pick this up when some more impressions clock in. ;)

18. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I have a question: Is there any way you can support iOS 4.2 in this game or is it unsupported because of how it was interlocked with your engine and coding/whatnot. I'm a 4th gen on iOS 4.2 and was fairly interested in this one, but I'm unable to play it because it requires 4.3.

In case that's not on track, the game looks pretty cool and looks like a ton of fun!

19. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Do you have to craft x amount of ammunitions or is it unlimited?

20. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Yes.. specially it is very hard for us to develop network play and unlimited mode. But by unity3D, we've developed Universal version at Monday of this week.

And I promise you we'll update next version with universal and sound effect update and translation fix :)