iOS 4 Game Compatibility List

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by richmlow, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

No updates yesterday or today?

Any other place keeping a list like this?

2. nickmorgs

nickmorgs Member

Jun 28, 2010
    GTA: China Town Wars

Anyone else having difficulty getting GTA:CTW working after the update on 3G ?

I can't seem to get past the disclaimer screen. I've contacted Rockstar. I hope this is a known bug and an update is on the way. I'll be looking for a refund if not.

Nick.

3. Beto_Machado

is it safe?

So... is it safe to update to OS4 now? Are these all the games with issues?

Somehow i find that hard to believe. Out of the 50-something games in my iPod, only 4 or 5 got updates with or after OS4...

4. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    FF1 and FF2 works except...

iOS4 screwed up the sound quality of FF1 and FF2 for the itouch :mad:

5. Inotia 2 just updated!
    Doodle God works.

6. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    Hi all,

Keep adding your game results to this list....I'll continue to update the overall list!

richmlow

7. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    try watching a bit of the opening video before skipping it - should boot up fine after that. I've noticed the same thing with Assassins Creed and Gangstar.

8. cloudlesssky22

cloudlesssky22 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Rayman 2 does not work on OS 4.0. The help buttons in the game do not function.

9. Beto_Machado

Do any of these games/apps have issues with OS4?

• Action Hero
    • Asphalt 5
    • Chaos Rings
    • Hanoi
    • iFish Pond
    • Karate Champ
    • Lumines
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Torius
    • Traffic Rush
    • WriteRoom

Thanks!

10. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    what help buttons? I am playing it right now it seems to be working fine.

11. PhysicalEd

PhysicalEd Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Vector Tanks Extreme is incompatible :( Crashes after several seconds, whether just sitting on home screen or starting a game.

Vector Tanks is fine though.

Drop 7 in incompatible (crash at startup) but they have said elsewhere that they have a fix in review at Apple.

12. dalurkersteve

dalurkersteve Member

Feb 18, 2009
    fast app switching?

I have ios 4 currently and the vast majority of games seem to be working fine on it. My question is which apps have people found that actually take advantage of fast app switching? I have yet to find any game that properly pauses/saves the state the app was in when exiting an app and the vast majority require me to restart the app when multitasking between them. Does anyone have similar issues and if so which apps have you found to work properly with this new ios 4 functionality. Thanks.

13. superrogue

superrogue Active Member

May 12, 2010
    scoops doesnt seem to be working for me and crashes after i start it up

14. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    the frog tiles that you go over......and i cant seem to get the switch in level 2 to work

15. cloudlesssky22

cloudlesssky22 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #75 cloudlesssky22, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Someone else mentioned on another thread that the brown-colored tile looking thingy on the ground with rayman's smiley face on it is supposed to be help buttons and those buttons worked prior to the 4.0 upgrade. But if you were to jump on it now, nothing happens. Is this not correct? I've never played rayman 2 before. I just bought the game last week and wasn't sure what those brown-colored tile looking thingies on the ground were for since they don't seem to do anything.

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Anyone know if these are compatible with OS4?
    UniWar
    Beatrider
    Vanquish
    Zenonia 1&2
    Sangokushi Touch
    Chaos Rings
    Heavy Mach 2
    DDR-S
    Battle for Wesnoth
    Bar Oasis

17. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    that was me.......if you look online they are supposed to help you

18. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    All on my new iPhone 4:

Mines in Space: It works a noticeable choppy under FW 4.0 with my iPhone 4. The menu seems responsive as under 3.1.3 on my 3GS, but in an actual gameplay, taps on hidden spots have a serious lag, and it takes over a second sometimes for the animation to finish to show whats under the hidden spots. Also when I select the "multiple flag select" button, and press more than one corner to flag, there is a serious lag in it.

Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush: Game loads with black background, little Dchoc logo with circle above, this circle doesn't spin. and so game doesn't load, crashes after 10-15 seconds to the homescreen.

New York 3D Rollercoaster Rush: game loads the 3D intro animation, after pressing on screen the menu doesn't load, it shows only the advertising screen in the under left, rest is completely black, menu background music is still playing and playing and playing... ;)

Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush: Same error as in Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush (iPhone)

3D Rollercoaster Rush: Same error as in Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush (iPhone)

Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3d: Same error as in Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush (iPhone)

Doodle Jump: At least one sound effect (Could be more, may haven't noticed others yet) has an extrem hall effect, when the doodler jumps on a coll spring, checked it with my old 3GS 3.1.3, it's not there.

Words with Friends: One sound effect extremly hall as in doodle jump; after you laid a word and pressed play, the cancel and Submit buttons come up, so now there if you press Submit, THAT sound also has the extrem hall effect as heard in Doodle Jump before.

Maybe the last two game errors have something to do how the iOS 4.0 handle specific audio frequency spectrums at the end of the spectrum, so maybe the higher end of it?

19. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Flick Kick Football
    Flick Kick Rugby
    X2 Football 2009
    X2 Football 2010
    World Cup South Africa 2010

20. Beto_Machado

#80 Beto_Machado, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    • Angry Birds
    • Karate Champ
    • Chaos Rings
    • Action Hero
    • iFish Pond
    • Lumines
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Phoneix Wright

All seem to be working fine. I played them for a while with no issues. Angry Birds and Street Fighter IV had post OS4 updates (Angry Birds had one that made it worse than it was fixed the next day in another update), so no surprise there. But with

• Drift Sumi-e

There was a bug when navigating through the track selection screen (one track would become invisible for one a second). Very minor issue.

Guess i got lucky with my favorite games. Haven't tried all my games yet.