iOS device tiers for gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by defred34, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I think Defred made those tiers based on how long they will be able to run the current top-notch games. Size of the screen shouldn't really play a role here.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is how i see the thread.

And thatnks Defred for making the thread. Im learning a sh**load of useful info from the posts here.

Im buying a new device by mid-january, so this thread is just what i need. Still not decided on what to get though. I've been spoiled by my ipad3 too much that im leaning more into getting an ipad4.

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #23 defred34, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Indeed. I placed the devices in the tiers based on their gaming performance, and how long they may be able to play high-end games.

PS: The reason I place them in tiers is because I believe if say devs drop support for the iPad 2, the other devices in that tier will also probably be dropped. So naturally all devices in each tier will meet its end at a similar time.

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    If any of you have developer friends, do get them to post their thoughts here. Will be interesting to see what they have to say about Tier 2 devices especially, and for how long more they'd hold up.