Ipad 5 & Ipad Mini2 planned for March 2013

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pka4916, Dec 25, 2012.

1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I seriously doubt Apple is going to take out the A7 just a few short months after unveiling the A6. The iPad in March typically follows the iPhone's processor released the year before. So yeah, with even the iPad 2 running so well, I don't see the need for an A7 chip just yet. A7 will come out after Android proceeds to 8 cores methinks!

Whatever said and done, the iPad 5 will come out in March. I think March is still the iPad's release cycle. The iPad 4 was a one-off thing because Apple really botched up the iPad 3 by giving it lesser specs than it should have come out with. Also, the iPad mini was rushed and it too may follow a March release cycle. Of course an upgrade to A6 and Retina display is awaiting it. The iPad 5 will have same specs (maybe double the RAM), but it will feature the aesthetic of the iPad mini i.e. small bezels.

Still, even if the iPad 5 comes out with a A7, good for me because I'm in for an upgrade to my iPad 2 anyways.