iPad 5 or iPad mini (2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klink, Sep 1, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    How would you work around the iPad's heavier weight? I always think twice when I have to bring my iPad 2 out on public transportation instead of when I am in my car...

2. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    By not being a little girl.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Appletini is a girl and she said it's fine, so complaining about the weight officially makes you weaker than a girl.

4. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Well there you have it. Proof.

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Zing! ^_^

6. That's how kj gets buff biceps by playing Asphalt 8 all day. :)

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The increasing sales of the iPad Mini suggests that many people do find the weight of the iPad irritating.

Now that iPad Mini is going retina, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Let's see the sales figures once they are available on the market to see who is right, big boy...

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Appletini probably has unusually strong arms from hugging all those cats. Maybe a couple scratches as well!

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #49 k1lljoy_89, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    What it really suggests is that lots of elderly women are beginning to buy iPad's in addition to the younger era of girls, therefore spiking the sales.

never mind....

but sales won't prove anything. He didn't say that no one has a problem with the weight. Just that you're weaker than a girl if you do.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont see a problem with people moaning about the weight of the ipad. Its not to do with being 'weak' or (i cant believe the year is 2013 and people still say comments like this....) being a 'girl'. Come on lets get a grip here.

People love iOS gaming, i prefer gaming on my ipod (despite having an ipad) as i find it so much more mobile, lighter and i love gaming on the move.

The ipad i love but i dont use it for long gaming sessions, i think its also due to the fact i'm used to smaller gadgets for mobile gaming like a gameboy/gba/pocket pc and now an ipod/iphone. Holding a big ipad for gaming for ages still feels a bit weird.

The ipad mini is tempting, specially when it gets more powerful.

But for me i love mobile gaming specially on smaller devices, the thought of knowing i have tons of books/comics/games/movies/audiobooks and more on one small device with me at all times, brilliant

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It suggests the iPad Mini is cheap and people are poor, hence Android.

Yeah, get a grip on an iPad like a man, ya girl. Stop taking forums so seriously.

12. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
  13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #53 k1lljoy_89, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Yes it is. G, I, R, L. That's four letters.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I bet she's got two iPads, one for each hand.

15. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No it doesn't: all that tells us is that people are buying iPad minis, not why. By a significant margin, however, the majority of the positive comments and intent-to-buy statements I've seen or heard regarding the iPad mini since its inception have had to do with its cheaper price, not its weight.

The discrepancy in sales between the two devices is far more likely to be due to the fact that people who want a full-size iPad have had three years to pick one up, and people who already have an iPad won't necessarily feel the need to buy the latest model of a device they already own. The same thing will most likely happen with the next generation of devices, as the actual difference between 4th and 5th-gen iPads will be significantly less noticeable than the difference between non-Retina and Retina-enabled iPad minis.

I have an iPod Touch as well, but can't go back to it for gaming because it's just so tiny, and simply inferior for most games, especially boardgames and more involved RPGs (which is part of why the latter tend to be iPad-only). I also have a bunch of books on my iPad, and couldn't take seriously anybody who would claim that the smaller device is better for those: reading a book on an iPad is almost exactly like reading a standard paperback, while reading one on an iPod Touch is literally very close to this:

[​IMG]

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Each to their own. If i'm on a journey to see a customer i wont bother taking my ipad, i'm quite happy zooming around reading a book on my ipod. A longer journey i'll probably take my ipad.

Board games etc i can see why you would use an ipad. I play a lot of platformers/retro games so i'm okay with the small ipod, used to it over the years from the gameboy to the GP32, then GP2X, (Small handheld devices which allowed you to install emulators) Pocket PC and now ipod.

17. Ironically, iPad too is a 4 letter word.

Have you ever tried using two ipads, one in each hand? How did you register touches?

Somehow I thought this thread was about ipads not ipods.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    iPods were brought up as an example of the overall functionality (or lack of) of smaller screens - which the Mini has compared with the full sized iPad.

19. Well, this thread just seems to be talk about girls and ipods recently, even an ipod is way different from an ipad mini. An ipad mini is much closer to it's big brother an ipad retina.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Because girls rule.

Funny you should mention an iPad in each hand though, because yeah, I've held two. Not for gaming though, I was experimenting with capturing two videos at once and editing them together.