iPad ArtStudio Drawings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MicroByte, May 5, 2010.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yup, next to my hoverboard and DeLorean!

Actually, I was thinking of the scene where Needles calls Marty a chicken... :p

2. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #42 Grubjelly, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
    The appadvice article cited above seems like an "expedited review" in disguise. Notice how there are two artists named and given equal coverage, but only the app (artstudio) claimed to be the only ipad art app used by the first artist is named, and appstore-linked at the bottom, whereas no mention is made of any apps used by the second artist.

3. Slyv

Slyv Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Review in appadvice is not "expedited review". I mean i didn't pay them for the review. You can asked them if you want, i'm sure they will respond you immedaitely.

4. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #44 Grubjelly, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
    I'm not talking about that review, but rather their "article" entitled "Artists are using the ipad to create their next masterpieces," (http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/05/the-ipad-for-artists/) which names and lists samples by two ipad artists, yet only mentions and appstore-links the one app "Artstudio."

5. MicroByte

Well, I actually managed to score enough quiet time to record something. This was done in 10 minutes of rushing, but I tried to mimic the style of my daisy painting to show what brushes were used. The daisy painting took about 2 days to finish, this one was done in 10 minutes. Drawing under pressure is hard!

Also, I realized after the fact that I should have put the camera on the other side. I use my right hand to draw and my left to select tools. Oh well, I'm not making another one, but you can see what's going on.

And the final drawing... At least my kid recognized what it was! :p

[​IMG]

Anyways, judge for yourself, I'm done. This was something to do and was kinda fun!

6. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It's amazing you could draw those with an iPad app. Those almost look as good as ones done in Photoshop. Does the iPad function as a Photoshop tablet? Any apps that hook up to the computer?

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ***WARNING: HELPFUL COMMENT BELOW***

He could hook up a remote access program to his computer. Not sure what this "photoshop tablet" you speak of is.

8. MicroByte

Here's my latest one, a portrait of my cat Smokie. This was done on an iPad using the ArtStudio App.

I really had a hard time trying to figure out how to paint the fur, but am more than happy with the results.

Surprisingly, the ear was probably the one of the most difficult part since it is so plain looking at first site.

I really am proud of this painting and think it's true to life!

[​IMG]

9. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    this thread is clearly a conspiracy for the ipad

10. Consultant

Consultant New Member

May 15, 2010
    Lol, I am sorry you feel that way, but my site is so sketchy that MIT (and others) links to it.
    MIT: http://web.mit.edu/aeroastro/labs/halab/news.shtml

Gizmodo writer on an article:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ObamaPacman/150974729048?v=photos#!/photo.php?pid=3121961&id=150974729048

Completely sketchy alright. ;)

Ever heard of blogs? Do you know how they operate? Doesn't sound like you do.

This must mean I am shilling for an autobody shop then...:rolleyes:
    http://obamapacman.com/2010/04/first-ever-ipad-car-dash-mod-icar-video/

OMG that is so true! And Touch Arcade is a conspiracy for iPhone! =)

11. MicroByte

This one is more personal, but I'll let you decide what the story is. My index finger hurts now from all of the flowers, maybe I should get a Pogo now! :p

[​IMG]

12. MicroByte

It all started with a wand...

[​IMG]

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  14. MicroByte

Gah good or gah bad?

15. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Gah as in where did you learn to do that? :) Awesome work btw, are you trained in drawing/digital art or is that raw natural talent? :)

16. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    how much is this app :D?

17. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Believe it or not only 99 cents. Yet the iphone version is 3.99. I have both and they are both worth it but I think the dev has the prices reversed.

18. MicroByte

Thanks! :)

I'm not a trained artist at all. I have always had ideas and am finding the iPad perfect for getting those ideas out.

I actually think i want to do more fantasy art like my last one. It was really fun to draw and wasn't something that had to look exactly like an object or person in real life.

Thanks again, that means a lot!

19. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you for sharing, they're inspiring. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

20. *jaw hits the floor*