iPhone 3.0

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by danc4498, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Zarile3

Zarile3 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    agreed...there really isn't anything here for Touch users. Unless someone here wants to put there Diabetes information on there touch.

Whatever, I will Jailbreak my Ipod when it's available for 3.0, and only then will I upgrade to the new software. As far as my Iphone goes, I am on the 2g, it doesn't much matter to me now that I see MMS won't be available to me. I will be buying the newest Iphone, whichever that is, 3g or hopefully new one in August. Then I will be able to put this stuff to good use. Until then, yet another dissapointing update.

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    QFT

Im waiting till the 3gen touch comes out to get it, the ONLY thing i would want out of it is the potential to get a controller add on. Like mentioned before, it could simply slide on like a case, and plug into the charging port/headphone jack

3. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Okay, im an iphone noob so help me out........is this a new software update that any iphone / iphone 3g owner can update? OR......is this another new iphone which you would have to buy to get this stuff?

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    update, that will most likely come out with the new iphone
    in the summer

5. Zarile3

Dec 13, 2008
    Also....flash support anyone?!

6. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Heh I didnt even know they were coming out with a new phone. I got mine about a week ago so im still learning. Maybe I shoulda waited a couple more months :confused:

7. Dfender2022

Dfender2022 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Being a kid
    California
    That would really suck if a NEW iphone came out. They already have 3!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Q: Where do you stand on data tethering?
    A: There are two pieces needed: client-side, where the client needs that support; and carrier-support. We’re supporting tethering in 3.0 — and we’re working with carriers around the world. We don’t have announcements on the when and where, but we’re building it into 3.0.

9. Zarile3

Dec 13, 2008
    They only have two. first generation and second generation.

10. Dfender2022

Feb 3, 2009
    Being a kid
    California
    :confused::confused::confused:

Anyways, i still dont want another iphone to come out

11. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    people never stop.. There isnt any new iphone coming soon. Thats a bunch of big ass rumors. They have ZERO credibility.
    Next year maybe.. this year NO

12. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    bluetooth on the itouch 2g!!!!!

Holy crap!

13. Dfender2022

Feb 3, 2009
    Being a kid
    California
    Makes you wonder the other things apple can "unlock"

14. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Umm the whole secret bluetooth chip in itouch thing is old news.... we knew this. Idk, i dont use these features anyway, just the 3rd party accessories

15. Zarile3

Dec 13, 2008
    And what makes you think they won't? Just because there isn't proof, doesn't mean they won't make a new one. They ARE in making phones, people always want new phones, and you know if they released another one, all of the current Iphone users would be waiting in lines again to get the new one, just because it's new.

Either way, like I said, my upgrade is available in August, if there is a new one, I will get that one, otherwise I am getting the 3g Iphone.

16. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    UMMMMM.....excuse me.....but yea
    new iphone every year..........
    sorry buddy, whered ya hear that there isnt?

17. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm pretty happy about the landscape email, along with the new notes!

(I love notes)

18. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    You know what the beauty of the DLC is? It'll work. It will work like a charm. Your average consumer will be sucked in by the low sale price going; "Wow, this polished game only for a dollar?!". The consumer will then buy the game, starts playing and a little while later a little alert will pop up asking if the person wants to buy something. And she/he will buy it. Just because they want it, and it's painless. No pain at all, you don't even have to leave the app. It's just one little click. The one reason iTunes is so popular is because it's so easy to use.

19. They explained it long ago. They are forced to do it because of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which in large part governs corporate accountability and fiscal transparency. The relevant bit pertaining to why they charge for significant iPod Touch OS upgrades is that they are forced by the Act to charge for value-added additions to existing hardware in order to maintain financial transparency as it pertains to the value that was added to the device in the upgrade.

iPhones do not get charged because they are already covered by a carrier subscription.

20. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    No, but 3-4 Sway characters and it's a deal. Or maybe 10 levels, 99c.