Iphone 4 = Ipad quality = Ipad game prices?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Citsade, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Citsade

Citsade Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    (Excuse me if this has already been discussed in a topic already)

Does anyone have any idea, or information, or opinion on what the next generation in Iphone/Ipod Touch games will demand in terms of prices? I love my Iphone for being able to spend $1 or even $0 (thank you FAAD) on great games that can keep me busy for hours on end. The Ipad saw a large increase on price for games, perhaps due to the words HD, or the extra programming required, or because it's justified by its high-end value?

Will the new Iphone, which packs all the hardware features + more of the Ipad into our pocket sized phones also bring with it higher priced games because of the HD at the end of it? Does 4x the pixels = 4x the price?:confused:

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i do not see things changing, app store has to many developers competing. the app store made its bed in prices when it first started.. things wont change.

chris.

3. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Man I sure hope not, one of the charms of the iphone and ipod is that you can get a small time waster for the price of a candy bar. I don't want to start paying Starbuck prices on small time wasters lol.

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Truly depends on the quality. If say that the graphic is significantly enhanced I would pay more but if it just a port I wouldn't think they'll mark up the price compared to the one for older hardware and if they do, hello 1 star reviews :)

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

[​IMG]

I haven't had to use this in a very long time.

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what's that?

7. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks for that Hodapp :)

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The pricing structure of the appstore will not change. Obviously. Duh. Perhaps if you are a noob, you would not get that. If you haven't been around the scene long enough to have gone through the transition to the 3gs and the 3.0 firmware upgrade.