Universal Iron Mission- classic arcade shoot'em up (by Good net technology)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Similar to Marvel Future Fight, there is a lot of "story stages" (they have dialogue before each stage, sometimes at the end of the stage) but they are very short each one. In addition to the story stages, there is an endless mode.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    My point is that people that hate these types of games are inadvertently giving them more exposure by constantly posting about how much they hate these types of games.

3. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    I have no clue why this game is paid. Considering there's an energy system wtf?

Good game but it's stupid. There shouldn't be an energy system In a paid app...

4. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    True. But to be fair the "Hot Games" list only means exactly that, a lot of comments - positive or negative. Too many terrible games make it on that list sadly.

I'm sure many view it as a list of quality games though. :p

5. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    LOL
    My bad.. My dumb fingers.. Sorry

6. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    ok, game bought, mostly agree with psion review for this game.

it is F2P type of game, and ironically it lacks of multiplayer aspect, not even gamecenter scoring or any friend activity mission stuff for a game that ask you yo GRIND and spend like hell.

hoping for future content update!

7. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I'm going to be contrarian and say this game is really really fun. Love the graphics, gameplay, music. The energy system hasn't been an issue - I haven't come close to running out of energy. The IAP is there but it's also easy to get gems (watch ads, achievements, etc). I also haven't experienced much of a grind yet.

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Correct, only if they merely see it on the list and download without reading a single post. Jared's post solely hinges on this and only this being true. Seemed more like a loaded damage control post by him. Semi reverse psychology employed.

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I don't see how this game is getting panned by forum members. Right now Sky Force Reloaded is getting nothing but good reviews and is at 54 pages of posts.

- Both have heavy grinding for upgrades
    - Both have an energy system that limits your play
    - Both let you buy currency with IAP
    - Both have excellent graphics and gameplay
    - Sky Force Reloaded has a $2 IAP to remove ads. Iron Mission has a $1 upfront cost with no ads

10. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016

The mob approach works in that way... It happens, and it's fun to spectate... ehh... is what it is..

To be fair though, Sky Force has developed a loyal fan base other the years and that has a lot of do with its popularity.. and, of course, people just hate being charged up front for something that feels like a FTP game hidden under the hood.. Can't blame 'em there..

Look how well SF is doing right now, it shows that people are warming up to FTP, if done properly.. Maybe this game could learn a lesson from that?

11. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Wrong genre. It's not a strategygame.

12. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    So you're basically saying all this game should have done is been free with $.99 to remove ads.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not really. In SF:R, you do not lose "lives" when you complete the level which means with one life left you can play forever still if you dont carelessly die. In Iron Mission, starting missions will consume stamina.

Also, in Iron Mission, you do not get free refills on level up, and you burn though stamina faster on higher stages. Oh, and i still have the same amount of total stamina since i started.

Not to mention SF:R has an IAP that effectively removes the lives timers.

14. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #34 JohnnyClash, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Nope, I am not basically saying that.. I am not attempting to imply anything beyond what I actually said..

Strangely enough, I have not bought the game yet, I am still waiting on someone to answer my question that I have asked 2 times in this thread... But anyway.. No big deal there..

Judging by the words of others who have already bought the game, it 'appears' that this developer would have reached a larger mobile audience (myself, included) if they would gone FTP from the go, while still offering all the current iap's that are already in place..

But to be clear, it's not my intent to argue any of this really.. I just want know if the sound and graphics hold up to the quality of what is in place what the likes of Lost Socks.. If so, I'll just tap the buy button and complain about the iap's later.. ;)

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    If EP gives a word on any games here in the thread, I would take that as fact.

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011

Thank you sir, you've saved me $1.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... I am deeply honored. I dont post detailed impressions as much as i did a couple years ago, so that really means a lot. Thanks :)

18. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    Well, I somehow missed his huge wall of awesome text on page one. lol.. Thanks for the heads up on that. Based on the The Good that he delivered, it sounds promising enough to, at least, try out..

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    True, but if people will actually read before hitting the buy button, it shouldn't really matter. If they buy it just because they saw it was "hot", that's on them for not looking further into it before throwing money at it. Maybe that's a good general item for TA to consider; just because an item is talked about, does not mean it is "hot", and it does not mean that the talk surrounding the game is positive. The two options here are to change the TA heading to "most talked-about games" (which won't happen because the TA app cannot be updated), or for people who don't like games - for valid reasons or not - to just keep their (again, often very valid) opinions to themselves on the internet, which is also never going to happen. So, it looks like maybe there aren't any viable options at all, and "it is what it is".

20. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Word
    I would like to see the Dev make a visit here cuz this iz dope! It'z so action packed 7 # + i ❤️ inclusionz n2 the genre wit RPG elementz