Is any other company on gameloft's level right now?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by y0m0uth, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Innovation does it for me.

And that's certainly not Gameloft.

2. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    DSeffects all the way

On a serious note the two on the same tier as Gameloft are EA (Sims, NFS, Tiger Woods) and NgMoco (Rolando, Rolando 2)

chillingo have many good games but they are primarily publishers instead of developers

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Uh what's wrong with Illusion Labs?

And Cobra Mobile and Origin8 are great.

4. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    ngmoco's game standards are way higher than gameloft - They make good games, and a lot of them, but look at the quality and polish of Topple 2, Rolando 1 & 2, Star Defense etc. Ferrari GT, Let's Golf etc. just do not draw par.

5. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Gameloft is good only for casual gamers that just want a game that looks similar to console games, but the gameplay in this games are awful. I prefer a thousand times a small company that makes a fun game than Gameloft. Too much times I was dissapointed to get excited for another of their games, no mather if they try to do a Gta or a Call of duty I am sure it will be a bad game only with very good graphics.

I am not playing in my Xbox360 because I got tired of good graphics and no originality and in the iDevice I prefer good gameplay too

6. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Seriously you thought games like BIA had bad controls are you serious?

And IMO Rolando is greatly overrated I would pick BIA, gangstar, over Rolando anyday, anytime!

I guess it all comes down to personal taste, and I want to play console-ish games on my iPhone and no one is delivering them like gameloft right now IMO...

7. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    #27 Shinto, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    The controls in Bia are very good, that game is one of the best from Gameloft and I didn´t say anything about controls

here but in general I don´t like his games. Surely the fact that I was playing for more than 20 years and that I have Psp, Ds and other consoles is that makes me don´t like that kind of games, because of that I guess more casual gamers get more excited with Gameloft

8. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Can u all do me a favor??

Go look at EA's dev page on itunes.......

Good, now look at gameloft's..... almost there.....

Now look at ngmoco's.

Now that you are back think about what you just saw as you read this.
    All EA has done is promote/milk further their already million dollar game series. I mean, ill admit, i have one or two of their games, but really sometimes i find myself sitting there wondering why im playing a downgraded version of a game i have been playing forever, but now on a 4 inch screen.

Gameloft has done a lot. for the pick-up-every-once-in-a-while gamer. ya got Uno, lets golf, and terminator.....O yeah and there also pump out another short game with lack of content so they can get in on killtests revenue. Again, i have a couple of their games as well. but they dont update them much, and They dont have anything really innovative on the idevice. wich brings me to our 3rd contender.....

ngmoco. in fact, just look at their dev page on itunes one more time. EVERY SINGLE title has something unique to offer. You may not necessarily like what that is for whatever particular game, but you cant deny that it is there. it doesnt just fill the gap, its actually new and different. There should be a reason to look at that little touch screen instead of your 42 inch plasma, folks. And for me, ngmoco is a bigger part of that then Gameloft ever will be.