Is gamesalad game-breaking

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by pixlepix, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

I doubt it will matter. You may not realise it but games made with GameSalad get reviews from all the regular channels including TA. Although as mentioned, most of those will probably have pro memberships so have a custom splash screen.

If you can live with the restrictions it has (make sure you know what they are first!) and want a fast game creation tool then go for it. The best thing about it is the speed that you can develop and test out ideas.

I've been using it for a year or so. I think it has the potential to be a great tool. In a recent news post they say they have aspirations for it to be comparable to Unity in terms of overall quality. Currently it isn't at that level of quality. But I hope they get it there!

As a side note more recently I've been learning how to use both Unity and Stencyl. So I'll probably stick with GameSalad for some projects and use different tools for others.

2. Stafaa

Stafaa Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I began tinkering in ios development three months ago. After fiddling with countless game maker program for a month or two, I found it easier and more flexible to hone up my very dusty programming skills and start writing with cocos2d from scratch.

It's an opportunity to developed a marketable skill. I took it. And it's far more fun. All it takes is the right set of tutorials.