is mac mini good for making apps?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Bigglesworth266, May 9, 2010.

1. pikpiak

pikpiak Member

Dec 12, 2014
    The 2014 updated models are good enough to rock your gig.

2. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    I'm getting a Mac Mini asap. And will be using this laptop (that laptop) as a frisbee, for entertainment purposes.

3. Idle Complexities

Idle Complexities Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Been meaning to throw in my ha-pence worth to this thread... yes, I'm another Mac Mini fan.

Bought my early 2009 model, chose it over other options chiefly because I'd never had a Mac before and wasn't sure what else to buy. But it's been great, and is still in daily use.

Latest Xcode 6 has it struggling a little sometimes, and memory is already maxed at that version's 4GB limit, so its days may be numbered. But even so, it remains perfectly usable, runs Yosemite fine, not at all bad for a nearly-6 year-old! When the time does come to replace it I'll do appropriate research, but I strongly suspect I'll end up with a new Mac Mini...

One thing I'd recommend... push the boat out, spend a few bucks more and get a genuine Apple keyboard. Generic PC keyboards may work, but I personally like the Apple one with the matching key legends.