Is my game a good idea?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by emotionrays, Jul 28, 2011.

1. emotionrays

emotionrays Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    #21 emotionrays, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    You mean to let the player decide which ingame objects should be active and which are not? Hmm... That will just make the game even harder, because the player will be forced not just to find the right connections, but also right combinations of the devices.

2. Pixelized

Pixelized Active Member

May 26, 2011
    I was talking more of fans being already there, I agree that if you have to drag them in it will be harder but that's not what I was trying to say.

You know how there are fans in the video, well. I'd have a on/off witch next to them so while the balloon is coming more near to the fan, you have to turn it on and time it right to get the puffle guys to where they need to be. This will make it so the player actually does stuff while it's playing out, and not just watching it. So they won't have to find the right combinations of devices, only turn on/off the ones they are given.

3. thedollarhunter

thedollarhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    London
    nice work, go for it.

4. PixelNAUTS

PixelNAUTS New Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Artist/Game Developer
    St. Catharines
    Awesome!!

Really great looking game! Will pick this one up for sure.

The idea is very clever and the art style is very nice. I agree with the suggestion to make your characters cuter. I like how they look where they're going and change expressions when they get there but i think you could push that further. Give them different personalities, have them look worried or crazy, and if you can make them react to things, if they're falling make them look scared or have them scream, if they hit something make them squint or look dazed. Its not necessary but i think it would help sell the game for sure, cute characters are great for advertising!

Anyway, looking forward to playing it!!

5. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    I think the most important thing is to keep the balance with character animations in this game. I want to give it in a small dozes so it will not become annoying or too ordinary for 60+ levels.

6. Lin Huan

Lin Huan Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Omg

omg, are you a individual developer??? its awesome!!!

7. Touchjudge

Touchjudge Active Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Puzzle/thinking games are the only alternative to one touch "blow shite up" games.
    Do you need investment?

8. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Yes, indeed, I am not fast enough to play most of top puzzles. Always tap on the wrong time. :)

I need investments, however I'd like the publisher to take care about them. I think it will be about $700-$1000 for music and sounds, and about $500-$900 for 2 cutscenes and some graphic improvements. But we'll see.

Lin: yes, I'm an indie developer. But I don't mind to have my own studio someday :)

9. Pixelized

Pixelized Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Awesome! Any chance you can keep us updated on the game's status? Maybe some pictures or a video?

10. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Of course, with pleasure. As you can see, the game is almost done. I just need to add sounds to it and fix some graphics. But the levels are finished and beta tested, and the main code is finished. I expect a release within a month.

11. Pixelized

Pixelized Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Even better! Just a question, how long did it take to develop?

12. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Around 2 months. Most of time I've spent on ropes, there's no good tutorials on how to make them. :rolleyes:

13. madpoet

madpoet Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Digital Artist, Unity3D developer
    Toronto, Canada
    Keep going... Love the look of it.

Magnetic Studio

14. Parogames

Parogames Active Member

Aug 24, 2011
    People love puzzle solving games because almost everyone can play it, and many top selling games rely on endless level design and updates.
    This is sure a good idea, although it reminds people about Cut the rope but it is totally different.

I think the major challenge is the level design and difficulty? How do you design the levels?