is this common? (review sites)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by milkmangames, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Will do. I just noticed that TouchGamer96 runs Infinipixel and has already given us a nice write up - thanks for that one mate. :)

But you can review it again if you like, lol.

2. #22 Retronaut42, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
    All I'm saying is I accept anything an app developer sends me, and so far published everything. A variety is always good, and I've experienced pageview spikes from big name apps. But even the indie apps have been bringing in some nice traffic, especially because of the google ranking I mentioned before.

EDIT: I will however have to be selective. There is no limit to what brand/type of game I will review, but there is a limit to the quantity I can review. I may have a tight schedule, so your app might not be accepted at that time.

I've started going out and contacting the developers themselves for review copies of their games, and while some larger companies respond, it's the smaller ones that get back to me every time. So I have a greater appreciation for them in that sense too.

@Rubicon

It was a pleasure!

3. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks for reaching out to us!

4. No problem man, I'll get that preview published later today.