Its a guys world

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TIMELESS, Sep 18, 2009.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    It has been proven most women like puzzle games. Like the ds makes. I like the match 3 and the cute games not beat the puppy that is sick. you are right iblast moki is cute. I like time management too. I play those on my computer. Look i wish they would use the touch pad more i hate too use the tilt to control a game. I hate seeing blood. But your right I am sure there are more than 10% of the games for girls. Seems like alot of shooter and other men games.Lets stop you guys have a good night.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's probably just cause we talk about shooting games the most. There are about a billion match 3 and time management games on the App Store... if you bought them all they'd probably keep you busy forever.

3. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I agree.
    As other's have said, most games can be enjoyed by either sex, but Amy Gets A Tan is definitely a guy's game!
    :rolleyes:

4. taah

taah Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Project Manager
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Now I've started to get interested in this 'Amy Gets A Tan' game!

But I'm sure there are girls around that like the same 'things' as most guys as well.. ;)

5. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Well I have to argue a point. Are you taking your stance strictly from TA posts? While I don't know the male to female ratio here on these forums I would guess there are more guys than girls. Thus the games that usually appeal to us will get lots of posts which you will continually see in the games section at the top of those pages. That by no means should be a basis for stating that most of the app store games are targeted towards guys (you are looking at a small sample of app store consumers here).

I know there are devs that target women, mothers and kids. You just don't see a lot of discussion about them here.

I have always been a proponent for devs targeting women gamers. Increases the user base and when I know my girlfriend is happy, that makes me a happy guy :)

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I say she is a very lucky girl. I would like too see touchpets but they have no window for it only the shooter game. I know they can make more on it. Anyway i should have said nothing you guys have your games.It is just hard too find something for me too play sometimes. My eyes would not take worms. Its cute but it is a shooter game. It is very small need a magnifying glass too see the worms . I am sorry Have a good night.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    No need to apologize.

If there are particular types of games that you like there are lots of people who would be very happy to help steer you to those types of games. You only have to ask:)

Have you tried Ancient Frog Jr. ? Link to Ancient Frog Jr
    It is a cute game that you have to move a frog step by step so that he can eat the fly! The graphics are nice, and there is no timing involved- only steps. There is no blood or anything. Or you could try Ancient Frog Lite Ancient Frog lite it is free so you can just try it.

or Copy Cat? It is a puzzle game having to copy a painting - very fun, and a unique game in the store.. Copy Cat

Anyways - there are many, many apps that are very nice - cute, fun, etc that don't involve blood or shooting, or zombies, or worms... You just need to give some ideas of things you might be interested in, and you will generally get a fair number of reponses.
    Good evening - and sorry for teasing you earlier - it was not meant to be mean.

8. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm a girl and I like most of the games for this platform.

I'd say that most of these games are non-gender specific.

9. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #29 AttackOfThePwned, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    Well thanks, any decent boyfriend would say that.

Anyway Touchpets. While it may seem to be targeted towards women it does have mass appeal if you consider....

Families using it (parents and their kids)
    Couples using it (boyfriends and girlfriends and partners)
    Grade/Middle/High/College students using it with their friends

If presented correctly it can be a big premiere app which is why I think they are taking their time with it and the online aspects of the app most importantly.

...and if they ever decide to add kittens look out :eek:

10. SpaceJunk

SpaceJunk Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    90% of the stores in a mall are clothing stores. So what's your point. Boys play video games, girls like to shop. Know your role. loooool.

11. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    that was pretty friggin' ignorant

12. samoreg

samoreg Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Agreed.

Oh and fyi, I enjoy both gaming and shopping. :eek:

13. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Agreed.
    Check the profile of that poster, and it will become oh-so-clear! ;)
    loooool.

14. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    too funny - I wonder if thats a legit pic :eek:

15. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Ummmm....my gut says "yes."

16. SpaceJunk

Aug 14, 2009
    not nice. :(

17. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    You're right. Sorry.
    The comment you made was not very nice either, but I do apologize for making fun of you.

18. SpaceJunk

Aug 14, 2009
    thanks i'm sorry too. girls like to game too I guess. :eek::D

19. SpaceJunk

Aug 14, 2009
    i have no neck. :(

20. SpaceJunk

Aug 14, 2009
    NO NECK!!!!!!!!:mad: