Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've just downloaded and played the free levels from the NZ store and wow this is good and I'll be grabbing the full unlock at midnight uk time.
    Like a cross between a car game, flight sim, with a bit of kart racer and mirrors edge mixed in. Brilliant game.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You didn't play the original?

3. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Must have ^^, waiting to download...

4. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #24 NinthNinja, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    About the graphics look been the same as JCS1. We were going for the same style but if you actually compare the games side by side the level detail is so much better in the sequel. For a start the polygon counts are probably over twice as much as the original in the level design - so effectively the levels have a lot more detail.

The cars have dynamic reflection mapping on them - so you see the level reflect in them - which the original never had. But yes the look/style is essentially the same.

Our main goal for the sequel was to add new modes of play in and to give more varied levels to play with.

But all in all the style of the original game set the tone for the sequel... which in my mind is not a bad thing.

The playability is what matters the most! And not been biased the sequel oozes with it...

I'm glad people are enjoying it for what it is :) A game that will keep you entertained for months and months!

I've had some fun battling on the leaderboards with a couple of people :)

5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Downloading! Awesome!

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome. Didn't know this was coming out tonight. Definately buying this once it hits the US AppStore. As far as Game Center goes, please tell me there ARE achievements too...?

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nope :eek: never played it.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yes, but don't be put off by that. I think JCS 1 had the most responsive and most comfortable tilt controls I've ever used, yes even better than Tilt To Live, and I usually hate tilt

The controls are nothing to worry about

9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Even though I have been critical on the first video (not played), after playing, I am impressed and already addicted like the old days with JCS1! I believe one of my all-time favorite iOS game is back! Also, definitely gonna do the IAP once this gem hits the dutch App Store.

Thank you!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Damn i liked the look of this, it looks like a revamped Stunt Car Racer. But tilt only ? I'm out. I just cant do tilt and i'm surprised devs dont offer alt controls, shame

Like the look of the graphics, nice filesize but tilt only ? Arrrgh !

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Sorry, but "I just can't do tilt" is sort of a ridiculous statement. I'm pretty sure "I just won't do tilt" is more accurate. The tilt control in JCS was pretty much flawless and really is a fundamental part of the design of the game. Practice for half an hour and you'll start getting it...

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I dislike tilt as much as anyone else and I never usually like tilt for racing games. But trust me when I say that JCS was the game that showed me that tilt can work and work very very well. The controls for JCS1 are incredibly precise and tight, and if I crashed, it was never because of the controls. I wouldn't have the controls any other way

Just give the controls a chance. I did, and JCS1 hasn't left my device since.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I don't enjoy tilt games just like some people don't enjoy freemium games.

Just like you don't like a game with a $20 IAP I'm not a fan of tilt games.

14. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    It's got nothing to do with being a "fan" of tilt controls. It's a control mechanism for a videogame just like analog sticks, mouse, track ball, light gun...it's just another method for interacting with the game and if properly implemented it works very well.

15. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Oh no this could be a $405 game for me - that's $5 for the and the rest to upgrade my iPad mini to a new retina version!!! I loved the original so this is a must for me - any impressions on how well/if it runs on ye olde iPad mini?

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Looks like this will be my only purchase of the new releases.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I wish they did on screen steering. Tilt really isn't for me.. I'll be buying the full game but I'm practically handicap when it comes to tilt racing. I'm really, really bad at it lol.

Looks like a good game though guys! Can't wait to attempt it :p

18. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    The game runs fine on the original iPad mini... it runs at a constant 60fps for a very smooth update.

19. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Thank you luke!!

20. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    no multiplayer? :(
    and no touch steering?...