Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TheCurrentGamer

TheCurrentGamer Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the first, it is still to this day one of the best iPhone/iPad games IMO. Really looking forward to see what the debs brought to the sequel.

2. josh_ando

josh_ando Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Just played the first few levels and the game is incredible with tilt controls

3. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm so excited for this game ughhhhhhgggh. I will be purchasing the $4.99 mega pack as soon as I open the game. I loved the first one and I know this one will be even better. I can't wait to make my own track and try everyone else's tracks!

4. Mtblegend

Mtblegend Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    No Game Center i don't think

Looks good though

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

+1

I had a similar experiences when I threw away my last mouse (seven years ago). A friend convinced me that the trackpads on notebooks are better (esp. MacBook Pro). I believed him, needed about three days to get used to it (after decades of mice) and didn't touch any more mouse since then. You can do everything without a mouse MUCH better and faster believe me. Just have a look at the manual for all the gestures… (And I felt like a fool because at first I thought I'd never could exist without a mouse.)

It's the same with the iOS devices. They are MADE for tilt steering in racing games. Some local friends and Habakuk never played any racer other than with tilt steering even with the hugest and heaviest iPads for many hours. Can't await the new large iPad.

+1 once more.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    From the upcoming thread:

On initial release there will be no Game Center but will follow on an update.

But what we do have is our own online system that uses our server. This gives us for flexibility on what we can do with the leaderboards, like having replays connected to hi-scores. This means you can watch how people got there top scores. Also we have our own challenge system that relies on replays as well. But our system will be very hard to cheat because of the replays.

Game Center is pretty restrictive because you can only have 25 leaderboards ( we need a 120 of them) and you cannot connect replays to them.

When we do the Game Center update will will include achievements.

But don't let this put you off because our system offers much better things for competition and such

7. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for posting that. :)

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#68 Der-Kleine, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Game Impressions

For those that want to see it running on the iPod Touch 4, here you go:

unsurprisingly it runs without a hitch.

So far the controlls seem great, what I'd criticize is that the free maps aren't all that exciting (the first ones are pretty good, but then they just get boring), also in the stunt mode my half-minute long dritft (can be seen in the video above at 5:31 - 6:04) got hardly any points at all, the point system just seems kind of random at times.

9. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Actually, I think game center allows for more leaderboards now, and there might even be ways to link replays.

Still, we actually have 360 leaderboards (120 x 3 difficulties) and may add new game play modes in updates which will mean more leader boards. And this doesn't include user levels which have there own leaderboards each too which could quickly mean 1000s of leaderboards.

I'm not sure how much value we add buy trying to fit our leaderboard system into game center.

Game center achievements is something we wanted to do but decided not to delay the game any further for, and leave it for an update. There is already so much content in the game anyway.

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Stunt mode levels looks awesome. Like Tony Hawk but with rocket cars

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    You're welcome. :)

12. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Make sure you give hard difficulty a try as well if you haven't. The platforming levels and time trial levels have different geometry on hard. They might be a little more exciting.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Luke, may I ask if you're planning on releasing JCS2 on Android and if so, when?

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, but not exactly sure when yet. It might takes us a few months, which will be faster then any of our past conversions, but still frustratingly slow for people have already been waiting a long time.

15. Yeah, would love to see it on android, and also moga joystick support.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Now those are more like it!

I guess the problem is that after playing the easy and medium levels there isn't any real reason to assume that the hard ones are that different.

One more thing though: hitting the reset button if before you've reached the first checkpoint should always restart the level.

17. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've been worried about that isn't communicated well enough. If you hit the difficulty button in the level intro screen, it explains it, but I expect most people won't hit that button because they will have already selected the difficulty in the level select screen.

There is an option for that in the options menu.

We have done moga support on iOS, and they gave us some controllers for Android, so we had better add support on android as well.

18. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    5 hours left to wait :(

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#79 Habakuk, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Ridge Racer Slipstream has 82 leaderboards.

Still have to wait for half an hour for the release. (It's 0:25 CET/MEZ now but Apple changes the day always at 01:00 dunno why. Since five years or so… And it stays like this reliably in the summer savings time.)

Playing the lite version of Jet Car Stunts (old version) right now for the first time and I'm in the midst of tutorial, second page/list "B". Some interesting things inside, you can drive in the air even up- and downwards! (Almost like a flight simulator.) The sounds are mediocre but fitting to the simplified graphics. Lots of things to learn, pretty special controls (except tilt steering). Runs fine on iPad Air, wants to connect with OpenFeint and is a bit insulted when you don't do that.

Edit: Gave up on the tutorial, page "D" (each page with four lessons). Too much to learn for my rare spare time (for the time being). And I'm not sure if I'll remember all those buttons… Very different controls compared to other racers. Tilt calibration seems to behave erratic sometimes (let me repeat: I'm talking about the OLD lite version, iPad Air).

20. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah, loving the game :)

I'm liking the various cars, and the different physics to master. Some are very floaty, and much more aerial based than in JCS. Many more opportunities to cut corners in the track :p

The tutorials in JCS1 are each very small. You'll only be learning one or two basics in each, and they only last for a few ten seconds in general. Very worth going through to get the basics of the game down.