Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I would not play the game if it had touch controls. The tilt works perfectly!

2. postmodernpilot

postmodernpilot Active Member

May 30, 2012
    People will always complain about anything. This game, like the original, will have a permanent place on my iPhone. Keep it up guys!

3. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Think that's doubtful. This sequel hasn't got Game Center.

Why oh why do I need to have Facebook?? Absolutely sick of games that have certain aspects/features hidden behind logging into Facebook.

4. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    It is just for user challenges, so you can send challenges to facebook friends. If you don't care about challenges, then you don't need facebook.

We might look adding other ways to send challenges to people for an update, it might even be possible to try use game center for challenges with recent game center changes, but that is something for future research.

It is possible we will do a JCS1 update at some point, but we don't have any firm plans yet.

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    @Trueaxis guys: how do your accounts work without a password? I mean, if I want to log in from another device with my user name, how do you know it's "me"?

6. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I have been playing this game for the past hour.

I recommend everyone to pick it up, it is amazing, and I haven't even bought any packs yet (I'll probably buy the $5 mega pack).

Just a question with the level editor: How do you make laps? Like a complete circuit? This probably won't get answered as the Devs aren't usually on at this time.

7. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #87 luketrueaxis, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Accounts are transfered via iCloud, or if you connect with facebook, then facebook.

There could be an issue where iCloud is too slow on first login though. If so, you can skip the log in, then go to profile, and look for your account there.

It is actually midday here in Australia.

Sorry, there is no options for circuits. The level editor is Platforming only. We couldn't think of a simple way to make circuits happen, but we might consider adding it in the future if enough people keep complaining, and we can think of a way that might work.

8. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    3 hours left to wait

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'm a little confused: logged in with "Gabrien" on my phone, then switched to playing on my ipad and typed in "Gabrien" again. Now I am both at number 1 and 5 on the first leaderboard.

Now, let's say another 100 people log in with the name "Gabrien". What happens then? 100+ "Gabriens" on the leaderboard? If this is not the case, alternatively, what's to stop someone else accessing my iCloud save, if no password is required?

10. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hopefully the iCloud stuff is private, but if you share your iCould login with somebody, then they will be able to access the account, unless you use facebook.

We actually somehow forgot to add a number tag to each user name on the leaderboard page, which is something we did on true skate. We will probably add that in the next update. It will be something like Gabrien#134. The number will be unique.

11. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    2 hours to go

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Do you really have to post this kind of sh*t?

13. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Yes ^_^. Same goes to you I suppose?

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, harsh, but yeah, it would be nice to only have posts pertinent to actual gameplay thoughts, questions and comments ;)

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#95 Habakuk, Jan 2, 2014
    Downloaded. Can't believe it: I have to hold the iPad with the home button on the left side. No auto-orientation! Please let ME decide how I want to hold the device. Thanks in advance! (Solved.)

The first thing that gets in my face is a connect request for a well-known social network or TrueAxis login which you can skip.

Made two or three races with Track Type "Platforming" and Difficulty: "Easy", Car: "Buggy" (and later "Original" and "Compact") and it was pretty fun. Cool head-over tracks. Needed five attempts for gold (=NO resets) in track #3 "Pull Up!" Nice new car in track #4, keeps it interesting. You have to keep an eye on the nitro gauge. Pretty challenging and something different. A true platform racer. Some skills required. Very quick restarts.

Runs fine and stable on iPad Air so far (did some switches to homescreen and back). Glad I made (parts of) the tutorial of the old lite version first, I'm sure that helped. Will pick it up again as soon as possible.

16. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #96 luketrueaxis, Jan 2, 2014
    Dumb question, but have you got auto rotate turned off on your device?

Unless the store version is different to our version, it should work. I just re-tested to make sure.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Do YOU have to post that kind of stuff? The kid is excited. We all are... Your the kind that ruins vibes aye?

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#98 Habakuk, Jan 2, 2014
    It wasn't turned off. I never turn it off. To be sure I switched in off and on again (I have the function on the hardware switch). Now Jet Car Stunts 2 autorotates fine.

I shut down JCS2 for being able to replicate the error but it worked fine from the beginning now (auto orientation). But my progress wasn't saved (all gold medals gone). Obviously because I didn't login anywhere first.

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #99 vii-Lucky, Jan 2, 2014

I'm also exited, But do you really have to post this kind of stuff to show excitement? Really!?

20. .Asa

.Asa Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    @luketrueaxis how's the Android version coming along? I've been super excited for this game a long time, but I unfourtuneatly no longer have any iOS devices.

The first gameplay videos look amazing, btw.