Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    It's TBA.

i guess it will take around 2month.

2. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    #102 luketrueaxis, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    no worries, that is computers for you... editing your other post would be appreciated though so that nobody gets confused.

Let people be. Some people might be excited to know it is coming in 2 hours, but we definitely don't need this discussion perpetuated, because that is what is called trolling. Stay on topic please. (Actually, I don't care, I am happy to have people keep bouncing the thread)

Android could easily be 3 months, it depends how things go, and what distractions come up, but we are trying to have a much smaller gap to the android release this time.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    After an hour or so, this feels like an improvement on the original game in every way. Which is saying something. Never see much point in going on about games you're able to download and try yourself for free, so just a big pat on the back for the devs. It felt like you really took your time with this and it shows.

Small suggestion: you might want to really spell it out in-game that the top purchase gets you the full game, nothing else to buy.

4. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Already changed that yesterday, but the text is downloaded from the appstore, and it needs to be approved.

5. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I'm actually doing work on it now. I've been setting the dev environment and make files, ready to compile the code. Just boring set up stuff really but I've made a start on it :) My guess is it will take 3 to 4 months depending on what I have to do on True Skate.

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    You're using an Air with iOS 7.0x. Autorotate behaving weird, and in some cases mess up the rendering of an app is just one of a gazillion bugs in iOS 7.0x Apple needs to deal with in iOS 7.1. :/

-----------

This looks like an insta-buy. I had fun just watching sanukus video. I just sucked at the first game, but never really did give it enough time either.

Btw, those free for all arenas...add some more cars, turtle shells, bananas, stars... :cool:

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    @luketrueaxis, you mentioned tweaking the leaderboards in order to tag each name, can it not be exclusive to the player? Can I be the only rich_952000? Just curious.

8. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, we decided we didn't want people to have to fight for names. For example, somebody who wanted to annoy you could try to create an account with your name before you do.

We also wanted to make it as easy for people as possible to choose a name.

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    You, my fellow iPod 4er, are a saviour. Anyone who is fairly involved in the forums would know I was just about to ask "iPod 4 support?" It probably annoying the heck out of people!

10. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    The sad fact is that when we opted for iOS 6 and above we lost the iPod3rd generation... It's sad because the game runs great on that device as well - I guess it's all down to progress and the newer devices and features we need to support as developers.

The reason why the game runs great on the older hardware is because we don't use 3rd party software for rendering and physics. Instead we use our own custom engines that have been optimised for speed.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Fair enough. I will be buying the full game as soon as it hits the US store. Btw, the kind of praise Gabrien gave earlier is rare and a good sign of what awaits me ;)

12. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Finally :D

Attached Files:

13. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
  14. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Damn this game hard, tight, solid.

Loved the first one, this one seems to be even better. About the controls, even a monkey with two left hands should be able to get it down.

15. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Game Impressions

Such a beautiful little game. I really like the shaded polygon graphics a LOT. It's like how I remember Virtua Racing, only better.

I wish you guys would do a 3D space shooter game in this style like X-Wing/TIE Fighter!

16. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Afraid of seeing all the reviews complaining about the IAP....

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Not a issue at all. In fact implemented perfectly. $4.99 gets you everything at once. It's a steal.

18. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Wow this jet is a nightmare to handle. But its a fun nightmare