Jet Car Stunts 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unbrokenchain33, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    well you can add graphics options (people like to have choices)

2. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    We really need to get figures on how many people own the newer hardware and how many people will upgrade to these devices.

Just by targeting devices of 3gs and above you can do some cool things - shaders and such, plus smoother gfx for the corners and many more things you can do with gameplay, with the extra cpu power.

Once we decide our target base then we can work around what we can make the game do and hopefully deliver a very nice game :)

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas

:( Oh well atleast I have the first one...

4. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Don't panic :) That was just me thinking aloud and to see what reaction from the community towards going high end. But we definitely need to get hard facts on the population of types of devices to users.

5. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I hope it will support the Retina Display. :D

Really looking forward to this, even though it is ages till it will come out.

6. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Yeah that would be cool. As for optimizing for IPT 2 and iphone 3g, I know there's a lot of peps with 2 gen ipods but could you maybe put out an option to toggle with the settings (graphics shadows lighting etc) So everyone is happy?

That is if you plan to do all devices.

7. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ofcourse it will. The current availbable version of JCS already supports retina display.

We might leave in the current rendering pipeline for older devicies, and make a brand new pipelline with lots of new effects for the newer devices, although, it would definatly be easier for us to concentrate on one pipeline.

However, if we want to add a lot more detail to the levels, and make the corners smoother and everything, then it is harder to have a level of detail option, because the graphics needs to match the collision exactly otherwise it will sometimes look like you are driving through things, and the collision needs to be the same for all versions for the leaderboards.

We havn't decided how far back we will support yet, but if we think we can make the game much much better by only supporting the 3GS and up, then we may think about doing that.

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I know this sounds crazy but what if you did what Across Age did, and have 2 versions of JCS2 in the app store one for 3GS and above and one for 1st and 2nd gen devices? I wouldent mind that, and people couldent complain that there would be 2 JCS2's in the AppStore because they would only have to buy one.

9. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If we make the tracks simpler for older devices, the better solution might to be one, app, but seperate leaderboards for newer devices. Unfortunatly, it might limit the amount of content we can do, becaues suddenally we would have to make sure both the simple and detailed tracks all play nicely.

Another point is we could do some interesting things with the new gyro controls to make in air steering work a lot better, but that would also give people an unfair advantage on the leaderboards.

10. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Why don't you just release 2 verison of the game? and label it approriately so buyers wouldn't be confused?
    Jet Car Stunts 2 - For iPhone/ipod 3G or lower.
    Jet Car Stunts 2 HD - For iPhone 4/ipad ONLY.

11. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    That would also solve to problem they talked about in using the gyro which would give others an unfair advantage. Two separate version should solve that problem. But sad to say will it really matter because almost all game leaderboards have hackers take them over :(

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gonna be tough waiting for this one! Should be RAD, though!

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Freestyle mode.
    Level editor.
    Six vehicles.

Hell hell hell hell yes.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #54 luketrueaxis, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Actually, thats not quite correct, there will be 6 new vehicles, plus the vehicle from JCS1. So 7 vehicles all up!

They are already all playable in the game and they add a lot of variety. Some of the things you can do with some of the new cars would be impossible with the original car opening up some new kinds of level design.

15. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

When would JCS2 be in the App Store?

16. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009

Will the level editor be available at launch of JCS2? If so, will it run on an ipad or ipod touch (as opposed to mac or pc)?

17. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We are not quite ready to say yet, but I think we will start talking more about the game soon.

The current plan is to make the level editor a part of the game at launch and not a separate application. It will be simplified, and will levels built with it will look a bit different and won't have the same high quality lighting, but it will be really easy to make levels with.

Will let you know more when we have something worth showing off.

18. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    i havent been on toucharcade in months, but this is a nice suprise to have new info for JCS2 :D

JCS has been on my phone longer than any other app o_O still my fav ipod game

19. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I hope the calibration is a little simpler this time round. That's the only thing i could nit pick the game about. The whole laying horizontally, and then vertically was cumbersome. I do not understand how it works... But the tilt to live calibration is pretty simple. Or even better was Dark Nebula calibration mechanism.

But edition 1 was still an awesome game. Certainly will be day 1 buy for me (and i usually buy games only when I am at an agreeable level of backlog)

20. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Out of curiosity...is the Android version of JCS1 ever going to be updated for high res displays?

Maybe it's my phone or ROM, but JCS looks upscaled and blurry on my phone. (480x800..Inspire 4G)