Universal Jet Car Stunts - by True Axis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    What version of 4.0 are you using? Are you a dev and got hold of the seed version?

Can you explain what is happening to the game?

I updated to 4.0 seed about week and a half ago and have noticed nothing unusual with the game on a 3gs.

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #2142 eev, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    I use gm version, not a dev. Well the whole game is a little bit slow, like slow motion. It does not affect times etc. and actually it's more easy to drive without errors, but it's not fun. I tried to restart 3gs of course, but same behavior. if i will delete and redownload game - than whole progress will be lost or not?

3. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    That's very strange... We were at e3 showing Jet Car Stunts DLC on a 3gs and suffered none of the above problems. The only thing different is that I downloaded the latest 4.0 OS from the Apple dev site.

We'll keep an eye on this and see if anyone else has any problems.

4. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well, probably it is something with configuration or content on my iphone. will try to delete and redownload later. thanks for answers!

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    updated from gm version to the final version ios4 and also reinstalled the game. It's more or less ok now, but it seems like framerate is not as good as with os3.

6. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Can't wait for the DLC, great work guys.

7. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    I may have to tweak some timings for OS 4.0 but we will submitting soon with the DLC update, so I'll take a look at it :)

8. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2148 luketrueaxis, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    Long time since I posted here, but we are getting very close to releasing the DLC. I've just done a few tweeks on a few levels which we need to go through and test again.

We've made the DLC trailer which we will be uploading onto youtube before we sumbit which should be in the next few days.

Hope you guys enjoy the new levels, there is plenty more content to keep you going while the sequal is in development.

For now check out the article on the front page. There is a hands on vid there, plus news about space tripper.

9. MilchMann

MilchMann Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    I hope you will realease it this week ;)

10. Kinga783

Kinga783 Member

Mar 27, 2010
    For number 2, why dont you do a random level genarator, and or a level creator

11. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    A level creator would be awesome. I would still buy the official level pack(s).

12. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We've had a few bugs due to the iOS4 release wich is delaying things. We are really desperate to just get this level pack released now, but one peice of good news is that we are using the delay to investigate some iOS4 upgrades like anti-aliasing. Unfortunatly, turning on AA caused some new artifacts in the lightmaps (See attached pic) We are currently looking to see if we can improve this issue. It is caused by a flaw in the the hardware or drivers. I'm not sure we can fix it 100%, but we might be able to atleast make it much less noticable.

Attached Files:

13. xanadeath

xanadeath Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Currently in high school
    California
    Maybe we could get graphics updated for the iPhone 4 soon? ;)

Xanadeath

14. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    Maybe you are right ;)

I'm pretty surprised at how quick it was the implement all the OS 4 stuff - it took me about a day and a half to upgrade everything, while keeping separate code paths for the devices that cannot upgrade to OS 4.0...

Also, the framerate has been tweaked a bit for a super smooth update - I noticed our main game loop method degraded the framerate for people who upgraded to 4.0... Anyway, that's not an issue now.

We weren't going to do any of this at the beginning of the week as we were going to submit on Monday. But I noticed problems with DLC on devices running 4.0. I had allocated a day for the DLC submission so I was kicking my heels, so I decided to implement all it has to offer :)

Mind, I should of gone back to Space Tripper...

15. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
  16. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    Wait till you see the cars in Jet Car Stunts 2 ;) But we decided to model them in real life - it was supposed to be top secret but it seems one of the prototypes has been leaked :)

17. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We announced that we will be making a level creator for JCS2 recently.

18. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    This is how a developer should handle communication with customers. Keeping us informed about updates and delays is very very much appreciated. You guys rock!

19. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We are currently re-exporting all the levels with new lightmaps to compensate for the anti-aliasing artifacts. It looks like it helps. Before the change, many of the tracks appeared to have cracks in the road in the distance, but after the fix, its pretty hard to notice anything. So, we should have AA enabled on some devices in the next update, along with the level pack. We just need to finish exporting the levels and resolve an iOS4 bug with the DLC.

20. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You posted a screenshot before with the AA artifacts, would it be okay for you to post a second screenshot with the new lightmap system even with pretty hard to see AA effects?

Greets