Universal Jet Set Radio - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I just downloaded this from my purchase history and yeah, it's super broken on iOS 8. It crashes immediately upon loading, but sometimes it will get to the title screen, then just go straight to black screen.

I imagine the brokenness is why it was pulled, the real question is if they're planning on fixing it and putting it back on the App Store :(

2. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    ah, too bad.

found this: http://www.slimgamer.com/19766/jet-set-radio-removed-from-ios-app-store/

seems like that guy is having as much of a hard time getting an answer from sega about this as i had. you should post something in the news section about this, jared. put some pressure on 'em!

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Ah well. I could never make it past that bit where you have to tag the gang in the sewers. Amazing style, and the best soundtrack of any game in the app store, but...those controls...those physics. I know it's a hold-over from the Dreamcast version, but with but a minor tweak or two, this could have been the best game on the ipad.

4. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

While you're at it, ask what's happening with sonic 4 episode 2. It's been broken for over a year now but it's still in the store.

5. tommi8080

tommi8080 Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Any news? It's a shame. I bought the game, I was playing the game, then I updated and then I can't play the game anymore.

6. For this game : #bestonvita

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    You mean Dreamcast.

8. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Ok so I thought I'd post this here.

I emailed SEGA support and got a reply from "Marc".

It simply reads:

Hi,

To confirm, Jet Set Radio is not supported on iOS 8.

As of present there are no plans for this title to be supported on iOS 8.

Best regards,

Product Support
    SEGA

The community here managed to get SquareEnix to update TWEWY for iOS 8. Is there any way the same thing could be done with Jet Set Radio?

Yes the controls were poor using the touch screen but this port was brilliant. 60fps, MFi support and Retina Display visuals. I played this with my Stratus XL when on iOS 7 and it was fantastic.

It's also ridiculous that SEGA think they can just take money off people then not update a game because it won't boot on iOS 8. It can't be THAT much to get it running on iOS 8?

Anyway. If enough people want the game updated and email SEGA support then perhaps something will get done? I've also emailed Blit Software who developed the port but had nothing back from them either.

I just want to play this game again since my Dreamcast is long gone.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    We didn't get TWEWY updated. SE was already working on an update. All we did was get an answer from someone who knew about the update.

JSR is dead. SEGA as it existed even two weeks ago is dead. Neither are coming back.

(Don't get me wrong, by all means email them, but don't get your hopes up. They got tons of email about Sonic 4 Part 2 and that's equally dead.)

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Ah ok, I thought that there was a lot of emails to S.E and that helped push toward updating TWEWY.

The annoying thing about JSR is that it's a mere compatibility fix, something in iOS 8 stopped it from loading, so it can't be that big a job.

The email I got is pretty much it then. It's still a bit crap given a lot of people paid for the game.

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Maybe Apple should think about offering backwards compatibility for its apps.

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009

So true!