Universal Jetpack Fighter (by Hi-Rez Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EchoHaunt, Sep 18, 2015.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Good game, but timer is ridiculous. Each mission run costs 8 energy, energy refills at 1 per 10 minutes. So, 1 run = 1 hour and 20 minutes. Each mission only takes about 30 seconds to complete. This will get deleted quickly unless this changes.

2. Elensil

Elensil Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    More missing items

Got an Ion Thruster, don't see it anywhere. There should be a way to view components by themselves, not just as a part of the recipe.

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I like this game a lot. I'm working on leveling up my second character by grinding the relay and endless runs.

So I bought the $2.99 IAP. I thought you guys should know 2 things:

A. The Dog companion is just cosmetic
    B. Buying IAP does not improve/remove the heart refill timer

While the second point is a little disappointing, it doesn't bother me specifically too much as I only play this game in small bursts. 1 attempt every 80 minutes though it pretty brutal.

4. dacool561

dacool561 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Is anyone else having issues with daily quest? They haven't reset once since I've first started playing a few days ago.

5. Kdarkiee

Kdarkiee Member

Dec 19, 2013
    So why is this game not out in Norway? Pretty sure we speak English too!

6. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    This game is fantastically fun :) sonic/megaman mashup gives me great feels.

Strangely slow stamina timer, however I dropped 7.99 for the 1000 gem sale pack. This gives me 33.3 stamina refills. 100 stamina takes about 30 mins to blast through at leisure. So that's at least 15 hours of constant play right there, plus the charging stamina, achievement stamina and overnight stamina. Not to mention generous amounts of gems given for free as achievements (to buy more stamina). I likely will not run out if I tried, quite generous refill amount. There isn't anything else to spend gems on, and the one actual thing there is, the purple chest. Is incredibly bad with drops so I would not waste them on it.

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Just beat the first level and got a push notification with a code for a skin in Smite. Pretty cool. I don't have Smite so PM me if you want it.

[​IMG]

Still loving this game. They did more server maintenance this morning. It's been playing pretty well the last two days.

8. EchoHaunt

EchoHaunt Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Glad to see where this game has gone. The launched version greatly improved on some of the issues in the Soft Launch (adding variety to the supers in the game). Thought I'd share this here. The developers made a commercial(?) for the game in the spirit of the old Crossfire ads I grew up seeing on TV. Super cool!

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    No option for non energy premium unlock? Rhetorical question.

10. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Timer is god awful. Not going to support devs who clearly don't want me actively playing. Game is mildly fun otherwise.

11. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I'm enjoying it. Just need some key blueprint mats to drop so I can craft more valuable stuff.

12. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

This is not correct! It is not available in Germany!

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #73 chief78, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    What's the deal with items we craft that can't be used with Jet? Is it because they're items to be used with another hero? Maybe they should add in the description which character(s) the items go with, unless I'm missing something. I also agree the timer is pathetically slow and ruins any semblance of the frantic pace this game goes for....I would happily pay to get rid of it, or even increase the pool two-fold....or cut the recovery time in half....anything but 10 min's for one health. I suppose that's what endless is there for though.

EDIT: Meant Dash

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I realized some items are materials (answered my own question). Regarding daily challenges, I'm also not seeing them reset. I have the Gamecenter bug, and a few other games have daily challenges that don't reset, so I'm assuming the same is true here. So far dash with the black gloves for his weapon are getting it done. I do like Leona though. I use her on endless to quickly level her and Dash on the story missions. Jet, meh he's ok I guess.

15. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Timer is even worse in elite levels. Costs 16 hearts, that's 160 minutes, or 2 hours and 40 minutes to play one level that takes 30 seconds to beat. Who thinks up this shit?

Also, what's the point of gems? Can't seem to buy anything but hearts with them...

16. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    #76 3mry5, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    I'm not sure if the devs are still about but I have one small piece of feedback;

The fact that after reviving you lose your collected coins and items seems a little unfair and illogical to me, it removes any incentive for me to revive at all. Levels aren't hard to complete enough to warrant me doing it to complete one..

Other than this, and the timers (obviously) I'm liking this a lot.

Also if anyone wants a smite skin pm me (my current pc cannot handle smite).

17. kibasx

kibasx New Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Unavailable in russia ;(
    VVGT VVGS

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The energy system destroys the enjoyment of this game. If there was a way to pay to get rid of it I would rate it much higher. If you still read this site devs please add a single in app purchase to have unlimited energy.

Maybe one day they will come around. If they do I'll reinstall the game and spend some money.

Billy

19. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    My sentiment exactly. The energy system is a game ruiner. I've lobbied for an iap energy system buy out also. I may as well be talking to a wall. Btw, read ur profile, made me lol.

20. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    4.5 star review, despite the timer math earlier in the topic explaining how it took forever and a day just to play one 30 second round.

Clearly, people want to play your game, devs. How about you put in that no-timer IAP, so we can, I dunno, actually play your game? Who knows, if you charge for it, you might actually make some money!