Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    That's it? Wow.....i'm currently at ~7 hours but I'd have more if it wasn't for college.

2. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I'm around 16 right now. Just took 2nd place and have over 1million now. This is fun!

3. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I would like to get points for killing the scientists. I seem to spend most of my time trying to gun them down. On the otherhand I would also like to see how man i can save by using other backpacks.

There are so many update options!

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #544 Red1, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
    I assume the sign at the start, ("Best: xxxxx") refers to your own best time. However, my sign shows a better time than is listed in Game Center.

Also, OpenFeint lists my two top scores, which aren't listed in Game Center.

And what's the point of the photos?

5. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    The photos are for fun. :) I believe the other issue is a bug, though. Perhaps you achieved that score while you were not connected to Game Center, and it didn't synchronize when you connected again?

6. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    is there a limit to how many revive heart you can use?

7. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Only 1 heart or bomb at a time per run. (yeah, I thought about saving up and spamming the bombs and hearts...)

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Yea I wondering, is that how ppl get their highscore...cause I didnt wanna waste my coins buying the hearts knowing that it cannot be spammed:)

9. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    lol same

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You can use one revive AND one bomb in one game, AND you can get a revive from the Final Spin, if you're lucky.
    You'll never get 2 revives from the Final Spin in one game, though.

11. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    So I have bought almost everything from the store (just a few outfits left), 27/30 achievements (cant get angry wings, 5k or germaphobe) and ive beaten the mission thrice. clocked in 11 hours. I think Imma take a break until an update comes out with more things to do. i dont think i can get myself to play through the missions again. one thing i wish is that there were badges for things like finishing all the achievements or buying all the stash items. now i have to give some attention to my other neglected games like edge extended, secret of chateue de something and sprinkle. bought them all in the past 4 days but havent even started! congrats to half brick for such an amazing game. top 5 of all time for me.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Is there any way to turn off OpenFeint or at least sign in as a different user? A problem I've run into is that the game keeps forcing me to sync my progress with my wife's iPhone which my kids play, but they want their own progress, not mine. There is no option to simply not synchronize, instead the only options are to overwrite my game or overwrite the game on OpenFeint (which will then get sent to the iPhone!!!!

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there any way around it?

13. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    HB's next title NEEDS to have Profit Bird... an online, combat flight sim, perhaps :D

14. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I don't mind the in-app purchases that much, but I think it would be more fair if players that don't want to spend the extra buck could buy the counterfeit machine for a hefty sum in coins.
    I'm thinking around 70k... :cool:
    Plus it would give hardcore players like me something to get after nearly buying out the shop xD

15. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    #555 Deity X, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
    I do think the hardcore need some more stuff to push for. Not that Halfbrick didn't make enough content, it's just that they may not have realized just how.... consuming (didn't wana say addictive) this game can be. And I mean that in the best possible way.

16. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Finished the game and will continue to play it like a crack addict.
    I can truly say I would buy an iphone4 just for this game.

Jetpack Joyride should come pre-installed on every i-device.

Bravo Halfbrick Bravo.

17. taylorbarclay

taylorbarclay Active Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Just finished my third play through. FINALLY got the Angry Wings achievement, and it went to Game Center fine.

These are the bugs I've noticed:

1. Lost a couple thousand coins from a crash after exiting the Game Center leader board screen. No big issue for me, but still, an issue.

2. Three of my achievements will not upload to Game Center. They are: Toastie, Fuzzy Locks, and James Who? Not sure why. I've unlocked achievements before and after those and they worked fine, and I was online when I unlocked nearly all of them, including those.

3. After you "prestige" and are able to redeem your badge and start over, the missions screen has the text about that. In the last column it says "you will receive a badge at the and of the next game!" "And" should be "end". Also, in game, the motorcycle is called the "Bad as Hog" but in the game menu it appears as the "Hardcore Hog".

4. And the last one, which happened to me only on two different occasions through out my 383 games, is a weird one. When I was in one of the vehicles, I know one was Lil Stomper, and I got destroyed, instead of showing the vehicle destruction animations with the pieces flying, the animations instead showed big white squares. Once it blocked the entire screen almost and I nearly died. Very strange issue, but the most game breaking out of all of them.

5. Awesome game Halfbrick, can't wait for the updates!

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I just checked my achievements in Game Center and see that Marathon and Fallout do not show as unlocked, even though I have them in the game itself. Like you, I was online when I unlocked them. I am on an iPad, IOS 4.3.

19. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Other than 'bugs' fixes, you people should stop saying you need to add this or you need to add that, if Halfbrick Studios feels like it is necessary to add new features, they will. Honestly, expectations are way too high for a game that is 99 cents. The game is playable as it is, even if the developers do not bother to give us a single update, for 99 cents, no one should be complaining.

20. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    No one is complaining. There just discussing what they would like to see. If you don't want to discuss then don't and just leave the thread.

Who knows maybe Halfbrick is watching. They do have close relations with TA so who knows.