Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    It'd be more "fair" if players who didn't want to spend that dollar got nothing - which is how it is now. The developers are already selling this game for a single dollar, which is almost criminal; adding ways to make it harder for them to make money on the game is not really a good thing.

Hardcore players don't need extra coins, though; it already takes only a few days of casual play to be able to afford everything, and for hardcore players, even less time than that. As it is, most players are already going to be able to afford every new item in the next update the minute it comes out.

HB are more than happy to take feedback, including constructive criticism, or suggestions for new options, items or features. In fact, the one comment they probably don't want to see is somebody telling other people not to make suggestions. They're not required to implement everything everybody comes up with, so there's no harm in letting people have fun and be creative with things they'd like to see.

There have been very few people complaining about the game; most of the feedback has been from people who are excited about it, and just want to give ideas for things that they'd like to see in future updates, which is fair enough.

2. zeexto

zeexto Member

Sep 3, 2011
    reached 4,949 and had 7 tokens... none of them gave me a bomb, NOT EVEN A SINGLE TINY TNT SSSTICK!

I would like a Remix version of the current music
    and btw Thanks Ashflow :D

3. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Really fun game, though I already unlocked everything. Only problem I've come accross is downloading the info to transfer from device to device. When I download my save, it downloads, but it doesn't have the new save loaded up.

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Does anyone else feel like a little blood? Sharper (or just pointy) bullets? Longer flame for the traditional jetpack so I can enjoy a grill when my head's touching the ceiling? Weapons that are automatically fired at scientists?

Oh and why does the shark jetpack spew out a single line of bullets? It's so tame... I was kinda expecting it gush out a torrent of water.

5. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    HALFBRICKS next game should be a 2d (maybe age of Zombies style ) hacknslash/RPG featuring STEAKFRIES !!

6. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    A-RPG! (Australia RPG)

Fully interactive world (Harbor Bridge :D) + immersive sound & music + fast-paced action + simple yet deep character customization + long main quest + interesting side quests that have their own backstory + well developed characters + intriguing story + Sydney Opera House.

7. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Alright, so this thread is HUGE! I've been skimming pages left and right, so if this has been brought up before...sorry!

Got my high score offline and it's not registering in gamecenter, anyone else have this problem?

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yup - My top two scores were not showing in Game Center.

9. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    In an update, it would be nice if you had the option to reset your profile/store purchases. That way you can go through buying everything again. Just something to do.

10. AquaGreenBean

AquaGreenBean New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Help, I'm stuck! How do you change gravity 30 times in one game? Is it only with the gravity vehicle? Or can you get it just from going top to bottom 30 times with the jet pack?

11. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Use the gravity suit and tap a bunch of times to change gravity 30 times

12. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Half Brick are onto a winner with this one.

My wife started playing this game and the first thing she said was she hated it... But she's been playing the game since it was released and completed all the missions. To the point where she has taken one of my dev devices to play the game from the beginning again. Her words are without the missions the game is boring. So it looks like Half Brick need to update pretty quickly with new missions ;)

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    anybody think halfbrick could pull off a doodle jump style multiplayer mode, where you race to the finish?

14. Pokerdan

Pokerdan Member

May 15, 2011
    And the hardest achievement is...

... Angry Wings! (get the profit bird twice in one game)

Last remaining achiev, and it doesn't want to drop. Are the vehicles truly random? Doesn't feel that way. Seems like 80% of the time, my first vehicle is the bird, but never the later ones.

Also looking forward to offline stats synching properly with the next patch. Otherwise great game! :)

15. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    SOME JETPACK suggestions :
    -DRAGON jetpack :a jetpack that shoots fire
    -ROCKET jetpack :a jetpack that shoots rockets at the scientists like in monster dash
    -FRUIT jetpack :a jetpack that shoots fruit
    -maybe water jetpack

16. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Agreed. But get it done now, before they add more vehicles and it gets even harder!

17. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    I am in this thread because I have questions. Suggestions r good but IMO some suggestions seems to be for individual preferences. Honestly, toucharcade represent a small community of the iPhone games, I am just saying when you have people throwing this and that, it is hard to satisfy everyone. Suggestions are good but final decisions should be ultimately up to Halfbrick. I for one, is very satisfy with the game and won't not care if nothing new was added although anything added would be consider a bonus to me :)

18. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    And other people might be in this thread for other reasons. I hope you get your questions answered, just remember this forum isn't just here for you, mate :)

19. Keshekki

Keshekki Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Student
    I dunno, I'll check
    Sorry cant talk right now to busy playing jetpack joyride

20. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Of course they will be. Who the hell else would get to make "final decisions"?