Universal Joe Danger Infinity (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I want to assume these more expensive vehicles and characters are optional and not required to complete all levels in the game.

Still, due to the IAP consumables, not having an instant restart is annoying enough to keep me away.

The only reason I'm actually on this thread is because I loved Joe Danger on consoles and also enjoyed quite a fair bit the original iOS game.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#62 killercow, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    There's only one vehicle that costs that much and it's the same vehicle that you needed to buy in Joe Danger Touch: The golden bike (well it was Golden joe Danger in the other game). It's basically a coin doubler so you can either pay for it with real money or with the coins you earn in game. There's no need to grind anything as the vehicles are cheap to buy once you unlock them and you get the characters via the Gumball machine.

3. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #63 OutSpoken, Jan 9, 2014
    I'm Jailbroken on iOS 7, most of the valuable tweaks are updated.:)

anyway, so Joe Danger Infinity is much of the same of the last one.:(

I really liked JD touch and played it all the time but then when they introduced the daily play update I started to get bored with the rhythm pace levels... I always wished the extra characters actually had characteristic pros and cons to add a bit of skill to each level and not just used for their costumes.. This is something Hello Games should have improved on with Infinity, so I'm struggling to see the value in picking this new one up.

I'm not really a big fan of endless runners but i guess even that would have been something different to look forward to or instead turn it more into a skill platformer like Bike Baron or add head to head multiplayer!

I'm disappointed.

4. #64 James (Mighty Mill Games), Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    In the new game the vehicles have different attributes, the rocket doesn't go on the ground so doesn't get hit by spikes, the tank can bash through the pop up gates, the boat doesn't get affected by bowls of water etc...

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pretty game. Dumb and tired gameplay.

The game basically plays itself. All you do is watch it.

*tap*, *hold*, *tap*, *hold*. There is nothing else to the gameplay.

Vehicles are just gimmicks. Where is the fun in watching a character sit on a rocket and pilot himself from start to finish while you watch.

I don't know how people enjoy these kind of games.

I would forever cherish Bike Baron for giving me actual control over my bike.

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #66 Snooptalian, Jan 9, 2014
    Loved the first game, but why the $&@? would they get rid of achievements? The first game had a buttload of them and now they opted for only leaderboards.

7. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    This game is garbage. Worst purchase ever. It's like they made a preschool game and duped people into thinking it would be fun at any other age.

8. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I'm pretty sure all the complaints here are from people who haven't even played past the tutorial levels or even played the game at all. This is not garbage. This is a great game. Trying to maintain a high score combo by constantly doing swipe tricks, while staying on course and collecting all coins and touchable pickups can become frantic and obsessive. I 100% completed the first and will likely do the same here. This normally isn't the type of game I enjoy and it's a nice break from the more serious games. The production value and style are great. I've made it to the third world and maintaining a combo is challenging...not childish poo^. My only complaint is the power up pop up when replaying a level, and the lack of an endless mode which would make this game amazing.

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Was interested in this game when it was thought to be an infinite runner of sorts as that would add something new to the Joe Danger formula. With everyone saying that it's just more of the same definitely not going to buy this one. Bought Joe Danger day 1 last year and never put more than 30 minutes into it.

10. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Is there a way to loadad saved game from iCloud? All I can see is an option to backup it :confused:

11. OrangeJews

OrangeJews Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Paid AND with IAPs? I understand that the studio may be going through a tough period, but that's just silly.

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Definitely a fun little game. Loved the first two dangers and this is definitely a step up. Even more craziness on screen >.<. Great visuals & controls are on point as always.

Keep up the great work! Love the vehicles / characters.

13. DemoEvolved

DemoEvolved Member

May 19, 2013
    Video game designer
    Toronto
    I think it is a mistake to charge $3 for a game that confronts you with iap on each restart

Left on the watch list

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Too childish for someone whose user name is Poo? Ouch!

15. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    #75 Ramaz1234, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    This game isn't as good as I hoped :c went from Insta game of the week to 4th place. Battle Suprmecy, Castle Doombad, and lost Toys all destroy this game.

16. JervoNYC

JervoNYC Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2012
    Game Impressions

I was having a ton of fun with it, getting Pro Medals on pretty much every course except the bonus stages, and everything was going great right up until the third race in Tour 9. In that third race - a bonus stage - you can only play as a new character, which costs a little over 75,000. I have not spent any money on anything beyond the necessary purchases to play earlier stages, and I'm still almost 20,000 short. Replaying earlier levels to grind out the necessary amount of coins would take FOREVER, and seems to be useless since - again - I've aced nearly every level so far. So that's a bit of a disappointment.

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Did anyone who was complaining about IAP and this being "paid-ium" pre-release try the game yet? I'm curious what their impressions were

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    No, I didn't buy it. This one not because of IAP, it was because the title was misleading. Wasn't the endless game I was expecting.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Then you could wait and unlock it with the gumball machine :) Paying for it is not the normal way to unlock characters, I know it's frustrating for us perfectionist but we just have to deal with it and wait!

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Did the devs market the game as endless? Infinity Blade has infinity in the title as well, but it has a story and an ending, it's not expected to be an endless combat game.