Universal Joe Danger Infinity (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    For me it was, when I read Joe Danger Infinity I expect to be endless. Also, Inifnity Blade is endless as you are endlessly slaying the GodKing. It even says so on the game.

2. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Hahaha so funny guy

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I've noticed that a few levels felt a bit familiar while playing the sequel, but I'd put it down to the fact that I played the last game to death. I've just realised, though, that the 'Spike or Coin' level in Tour 13 is exactly the same as the 'Fan-Atic' level in Tour 7 of the original. The placement of the coins has changed and the level has been reskinned (e.g. boxes replaced with sugar cubes), but it's the same course from start to finish.

It's now making me wonder how many other levels are reskins.

4. HandsomeLuke

HandsomeLuke Member

Aug 22, 2013
    It takes soo long to get coins in this game I bought the Coin doubler and still takes forever, fun game besides that, I just like to unlock everything in games I enjoy, doing that in JDI will take forever. I never played Joe Danger so this is all new to me.

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Anyone willing to sell me on a Joe Danger game? If you had a choice to buy this or the original IOS title which would you purchase and why? I don't mind rhythm games btw as I love the Rayman Run series, and I'm pretty over Bike Baron, but other than that fill me in on some pros and cons I would need to know before putting down $2.99. Thanks!

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I have the original JD game and love it. I am torn on whether this one is a "must have" if you already own the first. I can however highly recommend the original, it's absolutely worth it. With the majority of players of both including the TA review, Infinity is at least as good as part one so I would probably buy this one if I owned neither.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hopefully it'll get the sales that Hello needs now

8. StealthDawg

StealthDawg Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Price just dropped to .99 cents. FYI

9. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It went on sale for 0.99$.

10. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks, that just pushed me over the edge, buying now :D

11. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    never played the first one, is this better?

12. StealthDawg

StealthDawg Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    That was really fast too. It didn't stay at 2.99 for long. Now .99 cents. Wowza

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, this game is awesome! I don't agree with the 3.5 stars that TA gave it. It's not just an additional few levels to Joe Danger, I find it improves upon most areas compared to Joe Danger 1.

14. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Still don't see why they left out Game Center achievements...

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

My Review:

While the game is an improvement over Joe Danger Touch, several areas are keeping Infinity from being a true must have:

- It takes a while to get started

Although not surprising, the sequel doesn't start where Joe Danger Touch stopped in terms of skills and gameplay elements. You need to go through quite a number of simple levels that re-introduce you to the basic concept of "Dangering". Ultimately this means that seasoned players will be a bit bored at the start of the game.

- iAP balance is worse than Joe Danger Touch

You could already buy coins in Inifity's predecessor but here there are quite a few differences that can affect your experience quite a bit.

First of all you no longer keep the coins you picked if you restart during a race. This is the major change in balance and it means that you'll have less coins than you should possess.

The boosts that you can buy are not needed at all but I'd like an option to make them disappear totally. I don't like to be prompted every time I want to retry a level.

You can't unlock every character. In Joe Danger Infinity you unlock the characters by playing a gumball machine but the number of token is limited and isn't sufficient to unlock every character. This is important because bonus levels require you to play them with different characters so you can't be stuck on one but you'll never be able to get a pro medal on that level without grinding immensely or buying some coins.

The fact that you need to buy some vehicles to progress will take away some of your gold and thus will hinder your progress if you need to unlock a character.

This is why Joe Danger Inifity is a weird game. It feels like more Joe Danger for the fans of the series but it's a slow burner and it does feel like iAPs are more present than they used to in Touch. I still love Hello Games and Joe danger and Infinity is a great game (and even more so at 0.99$) but I'm a bit disappointed to see them going that route.

16. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Yet again a game reminds us only idiots buy games at launch, instead of waiting 4 days...sigh.

17. How bad are the inapps? Will it go freemium soon?

18. bigdaddytool

bigdaddytool Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Indeed. Would have been nice if they would have done a launch sale at $.99 instead of punishing fans of their games who bought it immediately.

19. mudads

mudads Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Now I feel like an idiot for wanting to support them day one with a full price purchase in light of their office troubles die to the flood.

I think this is the last nail in the coffin for me. I'll never buy another game full price again after getting burned less than a week after launch.

20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Wow. I mean I shouldn't be surprised by price drops on the store but I really didn't see that one coming.....