Universal Joe Danger Infinity (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed.

2. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok I want a joe danger game, this better then the first one?

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    It's just as good, which means: awesome :)

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ok due to the price change and my interest in the game I've just give in and actually downloading it now. I thought I had played the original but after looking it turns out I was thinking of Bike Baron I believe for no apparent reason.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious there is none?

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The original has never gone free so I see no reason why this will. (preparing to eat crow, I like mine cajun style) :D

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Burned?What happened?Did your girlfriend burned down the house or even worse?Or are you talkin about the f**kin two (TWO)bucks that you not even could buy a coffee from?

Jeez,i'm so sick of that shit.Not even rollin two-three bucks for a good game seems a worth investment these days.

I'm a musician since 20 years i feel a hundred (a hundred and TEN) percent with the developer on this one.Music is worth nothing today thanks to mp3 and all the sites where you can rip the stuff for"free".Same for games thanks to the app store price policy.People are used to pay nothing now.That People should buy a handheld like Vita to learn what game really costs...Or make a time travel just 20 years back and check what games cost in the past.Even the most awful one.

8. otawong

otawong Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I can understand feeling burned by a quick price drop, but if your goal was to support them, does it really matter that the price dropped so soon?

9. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Normally I'd agree. But we're talking about a game that dropped in price FOUR days after launch. That's the issue. In fact dropping in price so fast just reenforces the cheap attitude of the App Store you rightfully dislike.

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I hope the first Joe Danger follows the price drop so I can pick it up lol

11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    No achievements for this one. Leaderboards only...

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I never care about achievements or leaderboards as I never pay attention to them, sometimes it's nice if I get addicted to a game though.

As for the price change of course I can understand people being gutted they got it at full price and then it dropped which has happened to me many times. But still no one knew the price would change especially so soon so there's nothing wrong with buying it on release.

13. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    You win some you lose some.
    Sometimes you will get a great game on sale, or even free, other times you will pay full price, only to have the game go free for a day or on sale shortly after. It levels out in the end. You can't get mad.
    When you pay full price for a game at launch, in my opinion, you are paying for the ability to play the game early, it's like a "timer removal" fee in a freemium game. Only in real life you remove the timer of waiting for a fee, but later on the game probably will go on sale.. And you will lose a few bucks, not a big deal.. It happens with everything we buy in real life. I paid almost $1,000 for my first iPod, then soon after, it dropped to a mere few hundred bucks, heck I paid several hundred for a no name MP3 player back in the day, if I remember correctly, it was just 28mbs! Songs were about 3 mbs back then, but anyway, everything that isn't a collectable or rare pretty much devaluates, games will go on sale pretty much inevitably, it's rare for a game to never go on sale on iOS. So if you so badly want a game, pay full price for the privilege of playing it early, or wait it out to save a few bucks. I wouldn't call it burned when it's only a few bucks, that's some first world problem shet right there.

However it does seem like a bit of a slap in the face to early adopters/true fans of the game... Not a very clever business move in my opinion fans may not pay full price next time.. I would have released it as an early adopter price of $1.99, then increased price to $3.99, then reduced the price to 99c.. At least it isn't quite so harsh.

I bought the game at 99c and am not that fussed anyway. Seen it all before, but I did like the art style and toy story theme.
    Usually when I pay full price for a game, it's because I have researched it and know I'd enjoy it, so have no problem paying full price, and don't regret it, even after it going on sale, or free.

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That's pretty much how I see things these days, your paying for it early, going on things you paid crazy prices for, when the psp first released in japan (before it came to the uk) I got hold of one and paid £95 for a 1gb memory card!!!!! Which now you get for penny's.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I am pleasantly suprised by this game and having fun playing it and trying to get everything for each level. I'm wondering though does it just keep starting levels on its own?

Anyway really happy with this I love the graphics and much more fun for me than Bike Baron which for some reason is what I thought this was : (

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's a shame Hello Games went with a whole Toy Story theme on this one, instead of making a mini version of their console sequel Joe Danger The Movie. I would be a lot more interested in playing a touch version of that game.

17. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Does this game have iOS 7 controller support? I didn't see it in the details....of course that's the major issue Apple really needs to work out (devs may implement controller support but it doesn't appear in the description at all, so anyone with a controller has to do a stupid amount of Internet searching to find any piece of info on controller support or not....most instances still can't find the info, so then it's a 50/50 "cross your fingers" purchase).

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I like the theme it looks good and really nice graphics. Haven't seen the movie based one but that sounds cool too.

19. moonwax

moonwax New Member

May 9, 2012
    It looks like TA have worked it out wrong with the price reduction. It's listed as 69p (UK) but the App Store has it down as 99p. Tut tut Touch Arcade :p

20. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm just stuck now. The levels won't open even after playing the previous ones. Really pissing me off.